Boston old town trolleys questions.

EtherlyCC

Hi all, I am after some information regarding the above. I have been reading about this tour but cannot find it in my Princess excursions booklet. I need a link to a website so I can book it myself and any additional related information would be great.

I have a few questions already.

Is it easy to find once off the boat if I do it on my own.

How long does the tour last if I dont get off.

Can I take all day to do the full tour.

Thanks in advance for any information. :)

We're planning to do the Trolley on our own. There is a stop where you can buy tickets a block or so from where the ship is docked. I like the idea of being able to get on and off at whichever stops interest us. The trolley comes by every 15 minutes, and it makes a complete circle back to the ship. I believe the ship's excursion is a tour (without allowing you off at the points of interest), and then a drop off at Quincy Market, and then you have to find your own transportation back.

I have taken Old Town Trolley tour in Boston although not when on a cruise. I plan to do this again in October when we are in Boston as a cruise port stop. It is a good way to get around to a lot of places in Boston.

If you just ride the trolley and not get off at any of the stops, it takes about 2 or 2-1/2 hours. But you would probably want to get off at several of the stops to see some of Boston history. You can get on and off all day and generally do not have to wait very long for a trolley to come along.

The web site for Old Town Trolley is http://www.trolleytours.com There is a link there for Boston. Tickets can be purchased on line and are a little less expensive than if you just buy a ticket at their ticket booth. There is a map on their web site showing all the stops.

The closest stop to the cruise pier is their stop # 16 at the Westin Hotel. I called Old Town Trolley and was told that it was about a 10 min. walk from the pier or you can get a cab for about $6.

Archived