Pre cruise dinner in montreal

Revolving restaurant. Great 360 degree views of the city!

This restaurant is located in the Delta Centre-Ville Hotel. I've been to the hotel but never the restaurant so I can't comment.

In Montreal it always depends on what kind of food you want and at what price.

If you want steak, I would go with Gibby's in Old Montreal but I don't only suggest a reservation... it's almost impossible without one, so I insist on a reservation if you want to go there. The other choice is the Queue de Cheval, which is more expensive than Gibby's, but also isn't in Old Montreal. Expect to pay about $45 to $60 a person for Gibby's and $70 to $90 a person for Queue de Chaval. But only in Montreal can you get such a delicious steak. I doggy bad what's left of my steak from Gibby's (it's an enormous meal) and cut it thinly the next day and it's still delicious! This is where I go for my birthday.

One of the best rated restaurants in the world is Toque. Again, reservations are required and very difficult to get (though you can now reserve online). They are also quite expensive. The other world renowned restaurant in Montreal is Au Pied de Cochon (at the Pig's Foot) which definitely not a place to go if you don't like pork.

La Chronique on Laurier is an excellent restaurant that is a bit more off the beaten path. The decor isn't the main concern here, the food is. Reservations strongly recommended as they only seat 30 or so people.

For Chinese food I love going to Chinatown. There are three places I like. Maison VIP on Clark serves a great meal when you are with a few friends. Big tables, lazy Susan to help in the sharing. This is family style eating. The restaurant across the street on the 2nd floor is great for their duck four ways. I'd tell you the name if I knew it. I've been there many times and still don't. On St-Urbain there is Maison Kam-Fang if you are there during lunch for Dim Sum. They still go around the trolleys. Weekends are packed.

Smoked meat is definitely Schwartz's, but not a place for atmosphere, service or even romanticism. It's shared tables, surly service and fantastic smoked meat.

For Sushi the most famious place in Montreal is Kaizan and it's sister Treetop, still, I would go to Miyamoto on Amherst over Kaizan any day.

Bonaparte in Old Montreal serves a fine French meal.

In Montreal it always depends on what kind of food you want and at what price.

If you want steak, I would go with Gibby's in Old Montreal but I don't only suggest a reservation... it's almost impossible without one, so I insist on a reservation if you want to go there. The other choice is the Queue de Cheval, which is more expensive than Gibby's, but also isn't in Old Montreal. Expect to pay about $45 to $60 a person for Gibby's and $70 to $90 a person for Queue de Chaval. But only in Montreal can you get such a delicious steak. I doggy bad what's left of my steak from Gibby's (it's an enormous meal) and cut it thinly the next day and it's still delicious! This is where I go for my birthday.

One of the best rated restaurants in the world is Toque. Again, reservations are required and very difficult to get (though you can now reserve online). They are also quite expensive. The other world renowned restaurant in Montreal is Au Pied de Cochon (at the Pig's Foot) which definitely not a place to go if you don't like pork.

La Chronique on Laurier is an excellent restaurant that is a bit more off the beaten path. The decor isn't the main concern here, the food is. Reservations strongly recommended as they only seat 30 or so people.

For Chinese food I love going to Chinatown. There are three places I like. Maison VIP on Clark serves a great meal when you are with a few friends. Big tables, lazy Susan to help in the sharing. This is family style eating. The restaurant across the street on the 2nd floor is great for their duck four ways. I'd tell you the name if I knew it. I've been there many times and still don't. On St-Urbain there is Maison Kam-Fang if you are there during lunch for Dim Sum. They still go around the trolleys. Weekends are packed.

Smoked meat is definitely Schwartz's, but not a place for atmosphere, service or even romanticism. It's shared tables, surly service and fantastic smoked meat.

For Sushi the most famious place in Montreal is Kaizan and it's sister Treetop, still, I would go to Miyamoto on Amherst over Kaizan any day.

Bonaparte in Old Montreal serves a fine French meal.

I was in Montreal a couple of months ago and would highly recommend Au Pied de Cochon. Definitely lots of pork, but surprisingly their seafood was really good too! We were a party of 4 plus a 2 year old. We shared a few appetizers and each person had their own entree. If you like seafood, go for their seafood platter. Comes in a few sizes, we ordered the 'smallest' one and enjoyed it thoroughly. I loved it so much I took a picture of it.

464194494_AuPiedDeCochonSeafoodPlatterJune2008.jpg.d26db80f0a2f73ada652b014ef9e997e.jpg

Archived