carnival questions/Triunph 8-17-08

cabosal

We have never taken such a large cruise ship cruise before, though we have cruised on other (small, luzury) cruise lines and kinda know the ins and outs of those. Is the dining hour we are scheduler for (8:00) written in stone. If you get hungry before 8 can you eat at some other venue? I wonder because I get hungry by 6 and our party has picked the late dining option, "No compromising".

Also, I plan on getting my excursions on shore, not through the cruise line. I have been to most of our stops before and know what I want to go see, but have not been to Grand Turk. What is there to see there other than what Carnival broshures list?

Is there any insider secrets we need to know?

My family and I will be on the same cruise! Getting close and we are so excited. I've never been on Triumph but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Conquest as far as food options and there are plenty of other things other than the dining room. As a matter of fact on our first cruise we only ate in the dining room one time (due to our table mates) and we had plenty of options. They have a buffet, pizza, hamburgers, and a deli. Then on the Conquest they also had a Chinese food place. Not sure what else exactly is on the Triumph but I know there are plenty of other options. Hope this helps.

I was on Triumph 5/3 - 5/10 for the Western Caribbean. It was our first cruise and one that we took with 6 other couples. There are plenty of places to get a quick bite to eat....buffett, pizza place, etc....before the 8:00 seating. We took the 8:30 dinner seating which worked out great for us. Once back in from port, we didn't have to rush to get ready for dinner. Have Fun!!!!

Thanks, Cruz frk. We will be a family group of 8 people, 2 men and 6 women. If you think you see us at dinner sometime, please stop and say hello. Cruise c ritic people are usually lots of fun! :)

We had late seating on my last cruise....we would get sushi (you could do this with pizza, noodles, or buffet) every night before diner for a "snack" watch out that you don't over do and are not hungry for diner...it is too good to pass up.

Ashley

My family & I will be on this cruise also! There are 15 of us, ranging from age 9-73. We have a roll call going...trying to arrange a meet & greet also. Stop over & check it out. Our family is pretty excited & can't wait to get down to Miami & on board the Triumph!:D

Towanda

Archived