Questions about upcoming Vantage Cruise

rayandjean

:) We will be on the River Navigator from Amsterdam to Basel on 9/16/08. Is wine included with meals or is it extra? Also, will my husband need to bring a suit or sport coat?; what percentage of the men will be wearing them as he will feel uncomfortable if in the minority. This will be our 1st river cruise after many ocean cruises so any additional info from anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

hi folks - We did the Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise with Vantage in 2007. As I remember we had wine included at the Captain's Welcome dinner and also at the farewell dinner. Glasses never got empty. As far as the sport coats for men...I wore one for the Captain's dinner (most men did) and also for the farewell dinner, again most did. There were some men that didn't but it's up to you just how comfortable you are with that. I will say that most of the ladies did dress up for those two nights. On other nights we came to dinner with what we had on for the day. You will have a great time.

Here is a site that I have 37 photos from our trip.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z210/1Willard/

Only problem is that I loaded them backwards so hit on the Hong Kong harbor shot and then hit on the shot of the pandas and you will get them in order.

Willard

Check on Vantage's web site re Beverage Package. It is also mentioned in their various mailings. Failing that, give them a call. I don't recall the price. NPPhotog was correct re Welcome & Farewell receptions/dinners.

Archived