Tomorrow's cruise rerouted to Mobile ugh

Just got the email that my Fantasy cruise in the morning is being rerouted out of Mobile instead of New Orleans...I'm not happy.

With the flight arrangements coming home, and the bus ride, this will easily cut at least a half day off my vacation. I know it's not their fault, but I worked so hard for this and instead of being dockside with a DOD by noon it will be early evening.

Just got the email that my Fantasy cruise in the morning is being rerouted out of Mobile instead of New Orleans...I'm not happy.

With the flight arrangements coming home, and the bus ride, this will easily cut at least a half day off my vacation. I know it's not their fault, but I worked so hard for this and instead of being dockside with a DOD by noon it will be early evening.

Bummer, I'm sorry, hope that something wonderful happens and it all becomes a memory!

At least you will be on a cruise ship tomorrow with a DOD before bedtime!;) I'm jealous; at least you are crusiing. Enjoy your cruise and try to make the best out of a somewhat frustrating circumstance. Just remember, YOU ARE ON VACATION!!!:) :D

I read on the other thread that the tanker started leaking again when they tried to move it and the authorities shut down part of the river...again.

To the OP:

So sorry to hear about this....

hope you still have a great cruise.

Just remember on Monday ...IF the river is still closed and you have to bus back to New Orleans...eat a big breakfast and pack some snacks with you.

Some of the buses on Saturday left Mobile (bringing folks back to New Orleans) as late as 11:30am and with it being a 2 hour ride...a snack would have been nice to have.

Cheer up folks. At least you are getting to cruise, and Mobile is a nice place to cruise from. They have a nice terminal, friendly staff and it is easy to traverse. It is just a shame that you don't get to see the city. I'm going back in December and arriving 2 days early, just so I can find more great places to eat.:D

Hey, this is NOT a problem. The poor folks of New Orleans, now THEY have a problem.

And the other good news, is that Carnival has already been thru this same process last week, so piece of cake. I'm so certain that things will run smoothly and we'll be boarding in now time. I'm with friends, traveling and on vacation . . . what could be better!

:D

I just got the news too. But hey, this could be a real cruise memory! I can't say that this has ever happened to me before. Dodging hurricanes, yes, but bused to another port . . . . no! See you on the bus!

You never can tell. I have a friend who this happened to once, and she fell in love with bus travel. Now she goes on bus tours all over the country and "Cruise Tours" that include bus or train travel.

,,,,,,, days early, just so I can find more great places to eat.:D

There ya go, Clackey! As you know, Mobile has some great restaurants with really fine food! And...you can have that extra shrimp!:D

If you want some great places to eat, you should really head down I-10 and check out Nawlins ;)

Thx for promoting my home town of N.O.:D However, Mobile has some wonderful food offerings as well.

(Have you eaten at Commander's Palace in N.O.? I was once a chef there.)

These unplanned Fantasy cruises out of Mobile should give their employees some "practice" for when there is a Fantasy class vessel home ported there year round!

I guess that the question of whether the Mobile basin is wide enough for a Fantasy class ship has been answered...

Cheer up folks. At least you are getting to cruise, and Mobile is a nice place to cruise from. They have a nice terminal, friendly staff and it is easy to traverse. It is just a shame that you don't get to see the city. I'm going back in December and arriving 2 days early, just so I can find more great places to eat.:D

South China..fresh hot/cold buffet w/ leggggggs $8.99 serve til 10 pm..just west of I65..on Airport Rd..left (south)side dont pass the DeWalt store..do a u-ey

These unplanned Fantasy cruises out of Mobile should give their employees some "practice" for when there is a Fantasy class vessel home ported there year round!

I guess that the question of whether the Mobile basin is wide enough for a Fantasy class ship has been answered...

Read on a board yesterday it will not only be a Fantasy Class but it may be the Fantasy early 2009. Sounds good to me as if we like the trip over in September to sail on the Holiday, we'll do it again to sail on the Fantasy as we haven't been on her yet and we LOVE her sister ships the Ecstasy, Elation and Imagination!

If you want some great places to eat, you should really head down I-10 and check out Nawlins ;)

10-4 good buddy. I plan on doing that next year. Not only for the food, but I am a blues fanatic. Two things that I want to do is spend time on Beale St. in Memphis and Bourbon St. in NO.

Cotton girl how is the foot? Will it be well in time to sail the Holiday 12/1? There are still some good cabins available.;)

Archived