Help - my deodorant has turned on me!!!

onceagain

Several times through the years my deodorant has also stopped working for me also. Not that I started perspiring, but I could "smell myself", though nobody else could (at least they didn't admit it!) Terrible feeling! I also attribute it to a chemical change in my body.

I actually now use Right Guard spray (my husband's also), and top it off w/Secret gel. On our really sticky days in Atlanta in summer (AGH!!) I also put on powder to keep the "glow" to a minimum.

I have read that as you go through menopause your need for a stronger deodorant increases. I have also found that sometimes my older bras will begin to smell. That it really isn't me but the clothing.

I had to switch when I started menopause and then switched back a couple of years later.

This stuff is GREAT! I sweat through every deodorant, so I thought I would give it a try. The Secret Clinical really works well and is worth the extra money. It does work better if you apply it at night. If I just put it on in the morning, it doesn't work as well, but still better than any regular deodorant. I tried the Degree Clinical Strength and found that it gives me a very bad rash and I don't like the scent as much.

Where do you buy Certain Dri. I would love to try it!

Where do you buy Certain Dri. I would love to try it!

You can buy it at just about any drugstore (Walgreens, CVS, etc.)...its about $6-7 and almost always there's a generic brand there made by the drugstore that's a little cheaper and it is just as great!!

For everyday Sure Unscented. For traveling Degree solely because I can't find the small travel size unscented Sure. Their travel size seems to come in something called Baby Soft. Great if you want to smell like baby powder.. Neither bothered my skin even after hair lasering.

I can't even use the Baby Soft formula - too much scent.

I've used the Secret Platinum soft before, but never the clear gel. I guess I'll give that one a try. There is a Degree unscented??? I've never seen an unscented one. My local Walmart is pretty lame - I think they believe that everything should be scented. I can't find unscented deodorant nor unscented liquid soap. I have to hit the specialty drug store in town to find them.

I can't even use the Baby Soft formula - too much scent.

I've used the Secret Platinum soft before, but never the clear gel. I guess I'll give that one a try. There is a Degree unscented??? I've never seen an unscented one. My local Walmart is pretty lame - I think they believe that everything should be scented. I can't find unscented deodorant nor unscented liquid soap. I have to hit the specialty drug store in town to find them.

Of all things I got the Degree unscented travel size when Carnival was putting out baskets of products in all the cabins when they introduced the Spirit Class ships. I'll keep my eyes peeled for where I get my next one because I need one before our October cruise. Seems the last Degree came from a Giant grocery store.

I personally hate baby soft too. It clashes with about every adult perfume/cologne on the market today. BTW, while traveling I take Bath and Body Works Breathe lines bath gel in Ginger/lemon verbena and the matching moisturizer. Light scent and goes with my Shalimar parfum. But at home for unscented shower soap I like Neutrogena's Rainbath. Ulta had a sale on the huge 35 ounce size a bit ago in store. Ulta.com also carries a lot of samples to try just like the stores. Great source for traveling make up mirrors and other beauty needs.

Of all things I got the Degree unscented travel size when Carnival was putting out baskets of products in all the cabins when they introduced the Spirit Class ships. I'll keep my eyes peeled for where I get my next one because I need one before our October cruise. Seems the last Degree came from a Giant grocery store.

I personally hate baby soft too. It clashes with about every adult perfume/cologne on the market today. BTW, while traveling I take Bath and Body Works Breathe lines bath gel in Ginger/lemon verbena and the matching moisturizer. Light scent and goes with my Shalimar parfum. But at home for unscented shower soap I like Neutrogena's Rainbath. Ulta had a sale on the huge 35 ounce size a bit ago in store. Ulta.com also carries a lot of samples to try just like the stores. Great source for traveling make up mirrors and other beauty needs.

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for the unscented Degree. I know for sure my WalMart doesn't have it.

I've used Rainbath. It has been my bathroom soap. WalMart does have that one :-) I'd like to find an unscented handwash. Bath gel I can actually deal with in some scents, mostly citruses (I now have Lush Sonic Death Monkey, which is chocolate, coffee, orange and lime). For some reason, scented deodorant and handwash are what really toss my sinuses into a mess.

I found the travel size Degree at Kmart of all places, it was in the travel section.

Henepup

You know that deoderant is supposed to be a cause of breast cancer . this has the breast cancer ribbon on the top and safe.It is under 4.00 for 4 oz

I was unaware that there were studies being done re the correlation of breast cancer and use of deodorants and underarm shaving. I knew years ago there was some research done on the aluminum in the deodorant and the possibility it may contribute to Alzheimers.

Most studies seem to focus on Parabens being found in breast cancer cells, their chemical composition mimics estrogen.However the National Cancer Institute states that all manufacturers in the US have stopped using Parabens in deodorants.Must check Canada's protocol. At times it is overwhelming to keep up with the do's and don'ts of our environment and our health !

There is a fair amount of conflicting advice on the topic but the NCI states..."Because studies of antiperspirants and deodorants and breast cancer have provided conflicting results, additional research is needed to investigate this relationship and other factors that may be involved."

if you are interested here is one if the articles I read: .http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/healthmedical/a/antiperspirants.htm

Archived