Marina Marriott Fort Lauderdale

ALANG

WIll be staying at the Marina Marriott in Fort Lauderdale in late January. Just wondering what other individuals have experienced from their stay at the hotel. Picked up hotel on Priceline for $60, looks like a good deal.

We stayed at the Marriott Marina before our first cruise in 2001. We were really thrilled with it. Very nice hotel, beautiful pool area, overlooks the intercoastal waterway and if you get a room facing the port, you can see the ships. Also had a really good buffet breakfast (not included with the room). If I was cruising out of Ft Lauderdale, this is where I would stay again. Hope you enjoy it...and you got a great price. Oh, forgot to tell you, they also had a shuttle to the port so you don't have to get a cab. Just be sure to sign up for it early so you get your pick of the time you want to go.

The previous poster covered it well! We have stayed there twice, and it is a great pre-cruise hotel. We also went through Priceline for $60 (last year).

I called the hotel in advance to request a smoking room with a port view, and my requests were accommodated without difficulty. Have a great cruise!

teddie

Cheryl:

I used 3 star, got the room a few weeks ago. The room is for the 28th, as I will be cruising on the Jewel the 29th. Sometimes if there are special events in the city the pricing of the rooms can be effected. Good Luck!!

Alan

I also tried Priceline but only bid $45. for a 3* in FLL. I'll have to wait and try again later and up my bid a bit! BUT, it never hurts to try low and see what happens!

Diane

Diane, you don't have to wait to bid higher. There are several free rebid zones in FLL. If you're unfamiliar with rebidding before 72 hours go to www.betterbidding.com and go to the section called "General Priceline Tips". Once there click on "Bidding Again Before 72 Hours". Excellent info and the moderator on that board gives out a ton of info here at cruisecritic on the 'Hotels' board.

runaway26

No need to wait to rebid, just add in a zone that has hotels rated up to 2 1/2 stars, up your bid $5 and try again. Priceline will upgrade but will never downgrade a bid, so if you keep adding in zones that do not go as high as the star level you want you know you won't end up in the zone just added and you can rebid right away. These is the "free rebid zones" they talk about on Biddingfortravel.com.

When you first start to bid and get to the page where you select the zones you want, just print the page. Now select just the first zone and hit continue. The next page will list the hotel levels available in that zone. Hit the back key, now select just the second zone and hit continue. Now you'll see what level hits are available in that zone. Keep doing this until you know the maximum star level in every zone offered to you (remember, a resort level hotel is the highest level)

Say you want a 4 star in the fort lauderdale downtown zone. Look for all the other zones that only go up to 3 1/2 zones or lower. These are your free rebid zones. Make your first bid selecting just Fort lauderdale downtown zone. If it's rejected you are given the option to add in another zone and rebid again right away. Just select one of your free rebid zones. Since priceline never downgrades you know you won't end up in the zone you just added, and you can up your bid and try again right away. It's a great trick.

Archived