Thomson smoking policy

.......and yet you were happy to quote it in your own thread (& agree wholeheartedly with it) when the comments were aimed at non-smokers!

If you can't take it Banjoman1 then perhaps you should stop dishing it out.;)

My thread quoted the Critic Critic document.What evidence have you got that I agreed wholeheartedly with it? The most important thing is that your thread was deleted. We do not want nasty comments on the Thomson website.Do you understand?

No. I will not give this a miss.It is very important that all Thomson customers are given ( as best possible ) the correct information to enable them to make an informed choice as to whether they will book with them.

If you do not agree please explain why.

I believe there are a few people still awaiting your informed response to my request.

We do not want nasty comments on the Thomson website.Do you understand?

Too many "Fat and obese people on the Destiny" was the 3rd paragraph on the first ever posting I read on this forum BY YOU!

If that wasn't a nasty comment then i'm a Dutchman

(NB for our American moderators who removed the last thread undoubtedly for the irony it contained. This is a term used in the UK when we belive something is wrong. It is not offensive to the Dutch, or men for that matter)

"I have read ( very quickly ) your 51 messages on this site.You may not realise it but you may have a slight mental problem which may well be curable if addressed at an early stage"

Another Banjoman posting, Dr? psychic? an attempt at sarcasm? or another nasty comment? I'll let the other forum members decide!

Too many "Fat and obese people on the Destiny" was the 3rd paragraph on the first ever posting I read on this forum BY YOU!

If that wasn't a nasty comment then i'm a Dutchman

(NB for our American moderators who removed the last thread undoubtedly for the irony it contained. This is a term used in the UK when we belive something is wrong. It is not offensive to the Dutch, or men for that matter)

So glad you posted.I smoke and have you seen the nasty comments on this site.Many of which should have been removed had I known the rules.On hindsight perhaps I should have used the word "overweight"

It was a fact and just an observation.I could have said ( if true ) there were a lot of people affected by alcohol.

"I have read ( very quickly ) your 51 messages on this site.You may not realise it but you may have a slight mental problem which may well be curable if addressed at an early stage"

Another Banjoman posting, Dr? psychic? an attempt at sarcasm? or another nasty comment? I'll let the other forum members decide!

So far we have had "there are no considerate smokers","the smoker scrubdown story","portable toilet to smoke in","skunks","cold and heartless lot","they need their fix and are like monsters" The comments help to get non smokers a bad name.They are also highly insulting to people that smoke.

The 51 postings were from abcten with 34 about you know what.Some of them were offensive.If someone makes a rude comment someone has to reply.PROVIDING there are no further nasty ( rude ) comments on this website their will be no need for any nasty ( rude ) replies.:) :) :)

I quote from the Cruise Citic offending document "smokers often feel bruised and battered and slink away in shame,and non-smokers are often arrogant and self righteous and well.. just plain rude."

To me this sums it up

Looks like wholehearted agreement to the statement to me.

Smiffy, not experienced enough on this site - can a thread be 'locked' by moderators so it cannot be added to further? If so, can you help organise that? Banjoman1's original thread with what might have been considered a 'trip report' was so obnoxious it was deleted and there's nothing of value contained in this one.

Looks like wholehearted agreement to the statement to me.

Smiffy, not experienced enough on this site - can a thread be 'locked' by moderators so it cannot be added to further? If so, can you help organise that? Banjoman1's original thread with what might have been considered a 'trip report' was so obnoxious it was deleted and there's nothing of value contained in this one.

It is my understanding that my thread was deleted because of a comment by Rosebaskets,not me.Furthermore not many smokers would wholeheartedly agree with the Cruise Critic statement.Also you state there is nothing of value in this thread.It is surely very important possible new Thomson customers are given the correct information.As you will see the Community Manager is looking into this.I am looking for closure and will only respond in future to nasty comments or false information.

It is my understanding that my thread was deleted because of a comment by Rosebaskets,not me.

Please specify, i've never made a nasty comment in my life!

Don't blame me for any nasty comments. I tried to inject a little humour in what was a stale subject. 99% of the users of this forum got it, and many openly supported it, so don't divert your flack onto me. You dug your own hole.

Please specify, i've never made a nasty comment in my life!

Don't blame me for any nasty comments. I tried to inject a little humour in what was a stale subject. 99% of the users of this forum got it, and many openly supported it, so don't divert your flack onto me. You dug your own hole.

Firstly you needed to make an apology to one poster -and did.Also where did you arrive at the figure of 99%-or did you make it up.Also wasnt it you who mentioned " roly poly " & "Americans. " or was that another poster.Finally you changed my words to "too many"--------.

Anyway, it appears that kruzseeker, sagalout and yourself are quite interested in prolonging this matter.I am not.

• 1 year later...
Firstly you needed to make an apology to one poster -and did.Also where did you arrive at the figure of 99%-or did you make it up.Also wasnt it you who mentioned " roly poly " & "Americans. " or was that another poster.Finally you changed my words to "too many"--------.

Anyway, it appears that kruzseeker, sagalout and yourself are quite interested in prolonging this matter.I am not.

Happy new year everyone

Archived