shareholders OBC

Hinda

Just to clarify, though it doesn't apply in SkiCruiser's situation, that the non-combinability applies not just to bookings made Jan 1 or later, but to any booking made prior to that date but which didn't have the credit applied by December 31, 2008.

I am happy to report that this is not true. I just had the credit applied today for some cruises that were booked in 2008, including a couple that were transferred from prior reservations (but kept the same booking number). I have printed out both the email and the invoice showing same.:)

I have been considering purchase of the required 100 shares of RCL stock because I think it is a great deal now and I would like the OBC. We booked in June, cruise is October 31 and have not paid final yet. Can I still qualify and what is consensus on whether it is a good deal any more? And how does one know if they got a WOW deal??? I am so confused....:confused:

Lori

I have been considering purchase of the required 100 shares of RCL stock because I think it is a great deal now and I would like the OBC. We booked in June, cruise is October 31 and have not paid final yet. Can I still qualify and what is consensus on whether it is a good deal any more? And how does one know if they got a WOW deal??? I am so confused....:confused:

Lori

I personally think it's still a good deal, just not a KILLER deal like it used to be. Of course, you should always consult an investment advisor rather than some anonymous bunny person before making investment decisions ;)

Yes, you can purchase any time prior to your cruise and still qualify. In general, I don't like to submit less than 2 weeks prior to the cruise in order to have time for it to be applied, but final payment isn't a deadline.

WOW sales are short-term sales duing which you usually get reduced deposit and onboard credits with your booking. Specifically, they're on RCCL, though Celebrity and Azamara do their own versions. The key is if you booked without added benefits such as onboard credits, likely you're eligible for the shareholder credit. Not always the case, but good for a rule of thumb.

Hope that helps!

Lori

Hi Lori !

Burbunny's post was excellent, but I wanted to mention that there is no guarantee the Shareholder program will continue indefinitely, though you should be ok for October of this year. I also suggest you should speak with an Investment Professional, as you should never purchase a security solely on the basis of a Shareholder benefit. Good Luck !

Thanks for your thoughtful and prompt replies......

Well, I did book through a travel agent and got pre-paid gratuities. Does that count? It should not as anyone could get that deal and a shareholder credit should not be tied to any other deal. How does one find out for sure? I still think that cruise line stock is a screaming deal right now and I was already looking at buying some, maybe not RCL but one of them anyway. As soon as the economy recovers or even just stabilizes the cruising should begin again. There are tons of people out there like us that still have incomes, still have their houses and such. These are the people who didn't live solely on credit and they are cruisers!:D

All work and no play etc....

Lori

We had purchased 200 shares when it was not a 'deal'. We were only able to use it once for a small OBC on RCCL. We were told it was not combinable with any other OBC for our recent Baltic Az sailing (12 days in a Sky Ste) Despite having taken this matter to the highest level, we were refused and did NOT receive any add. OBC. In addition to 'losing our shirts on the stock (not blaming the cruise line)my husband and I feel it was a bad investment and were disappointed in the handling of the matter.

Despite that, we LOVED Azamara and had a wonderful cruise experience.

We would sail Azamara again without hesitation.

Last month [June] I booked an Azamara Journey cruise on a "new bookings only" "one day sale" [at, I must admit, GREAT price]. I requested a Shareholder OBC by email, received an email indicating approval, have already taken the cruise and I DID get my shareholder benefit on board without any trouble. The only special benefit I had other than the special pricing was pre-paid gratuities, but that was given by my TA, so the only "combinability" issue would have been with the special pricing. Just reporting the one "fact" that I have; your mileage may vary.

On the other hand I simultaneously requested a Shareholder OBC for an October Celebrity cruise. Although I have an email indicating approval, my TA can find nothing to show that it has been applied to the booking. Certainly an item for me to follow up on prior to the cruise. As Host Andy said, no sense wasting time once I'm actually on the cruise fighting this issue.

Thom

Archived