Your favorite ship and why?

Mariner is our favorite RCI ship to date. We like the glass balconies that the earlier Voyager-class ships (Voyager/Explorer/Adventure) don't have. But more than that, there's like a special aura or atmosphere aboard that's magical. From the captains of this ship on down, the crew seems very happy, and this projects in the way they interact with the passengers.

No favorite SHIP, but my favorite CLASS of ship is the Voyager series. Love the open Solarium!

See, now I really dislike the open solarium on Voyager-class ships. I'm not into tanning/sunning, and the Caribbean heat is too much for me sometimes. I would much prefer the climate controlled enclosed solarium of the Radiance class ships. However, I couldn't list one of those as my favorite, since I have yet to sail a Radiance class ship!

Mariner Of The Seas is a

Voyager Class

The Voyager class of cruise ships has everything from rock-climbing walls, miniature golf courses and ice-skating rinks to specialty restaurants and bustling boulevards lined with shops and cafés.

Adventure Of The Seas

Explorer Of The Seas

Mariner Of The Seas

Navigator Of The Seas

Voyager Of The Seas

Norwegian Dawn is my sentimental favorite. She rings of music at every turn and her centrum is beautiful and always with beautiful live music being played. Love the Freestyle dining also on NCL.

Second favorite is Liberty OTS. That class of ship has the WOW factor for sure. Love the Promonade cafe and Sorrentos.

All of Them - lol. We love the Radiance Class for the brass and glass, the Voyager Class for the Promenade, parades, multi-level pool decks, and the Freedom class for the same reasons but more. Really, can't go wrong on any of them.

I've been on three of the Voyager-class ships, but Adventure was my favorite overall. It seemed to have the best decor, and enough little things were done/handled differently on Adventure that just seemed to work better than I had experienced on Voyager and Mariner. Now I'm looking forward to seeing where I'll rate Independence in the mix.

You always remember your first (and third!) though, so I'll always have fond memories of Rhapsody. She's responsible for my cruise addiction. :D

I can only comment on the ships I have sailed on but here is my preference...

#1 - Radiance of the Seas

#2 - Jewel of the Seas

#3 - Grandeur of the Seas

#4 - Explorer of the Seas

So far, the Brilliance is my (and DH's) favorite. What beautiful ship! We had such a great time on her. The staff was wonderful, the food was great, and we ended up with the best table mates ever. That was the cruise we will forever measure all cruises against.

And in case you're interested in how the others have stacked up, here's my list, in descending order:

1. Brilliance - I could go on and on, but I'll save some time and just say "see above." Scratch that, I won't go on and on, but we did love the smaller size and the more intimate feel of this ship. The solarium was great and we actually preferred the centrum to the promenade.

2. Liberty - Our honeymoon and first cruise, so special memories, but DH and I both agree that Brilliance was better. Not entirely in love with how large this ship was and ended up with some insane (and not in a good way) table mates.

3. Adventure - Quite enjoyed this ship. We had a lovely cabin attendant, great wait staff and some fun table mates (although slightly odd that my sister and I were seated at a table full of honeymooners, don't you think?).

4. Explorer - Still a good cruise, but there always has to be a first and a last place. The ship was nice and we had a fantastic time with our family. Had nice (though new/inexperienced) wait staff, great concierge and got to take a bridge tour with the captain. However, our steward did not like to make the beds or give us clean towels and I actually got yelled at when I called housekeeping to ask for more pillows because they hadn't give us enough for everyone!

I really LOVED the Liberty but my favorite still has to be the Explorer. It was my first cruise and that was still the best cruise ever. It'll be my third time on the Explorer and I just love the ship!!

Hi from another Lynn <g>,

I have been on Liberty of the Seas (inaugural and a b2b this past May) and Navigator ... and am booked on Explorer next April.

Would you say Explorer is your favorite ship solely because it was your first cruise, OR would you say you like it better than LOS in general?

I'm just curious!!!

Lynn from South Florida

The jewel of the fleet is The Jewel.

The best cruise was on The Legend. That was simply a combination of the ship and the itinerary.

The Jewel is just the right combination of size and luxury. The glass all over the place gives it a spacious look and yes I like a covered Solarium.

My Dh and I LOVE the Brilliance. We loved the centrum, solarium, seaview cafe and so much more. We are going on the Radiance for the first time in October to Hawaii and are looking forward to another Radiance Class Ship.

Sovereign - It's the only one I've been on. Since it was my first, I think I will always be fond of her because of the experience my children and I shared. But we are already planning to try a new one next summer and I am sure we will love it as well.

Archived