Dining with friends that book later

Sangela

Just a quick question here...We booked the Elation Oct. 31st, told one of my buddies and she booked the same cruise today, with her hubby! :) Very cool, also my mother-in-law and sister-in-law *may* be booking the same cruise at a later date.

My question is how do we arrange it so we all sit together in the dining room? I don't necessarily want it to be "just us", and would like an 8 or 10 top table so we can also socialize with fellow cruisers.

Do I call Carnival with my request?

Just curious to see if anyone has done this before and how they went about it.

Thanks! :D

We had a similar situation....We simply asked our travel agents to 'link' our reservations for our dinner assignment...I believe we had to give her our friends' booking number. If you booked with Carnival, I would contact them directly to make the request.

Ask your PVP or call 1-800-Carnival if you booked directly to tie your reservations for dinner.... you will need both booking #'s and you must have requested the same time.

If you booked with a TA, call them and provide both booking #'s.

If it doesn't work out on the paperwork, you and your frinds go to the matredei at 1:30 the day you sail and they will fix you up. There was a line of people making changes because they hadn't gotten the times they wanted.

We have friends we met on a previous cruise who live in Canada and we invited them to cruise with us a few weeks after we had booked ours. They booked and then we had our TA and theirs link our reservations so we could dine together. That's all it should take.

We're in the same situation right now. I called Carnival (we both booked directly with them) and I had to have their booking number and then they proceeded to ask me all sorts of personal questions...what is their birthday, what's their home address, home phone, etc.

I don't know if that happens every time BUT just in case...be prepared! :)

Archived