Help..have not booked excursion yet!!

Tyggerj

We are leaving on the Carnival Glory in 35 days and I have yet to book any excursions. It will be me, dh and ds(5). I am looking for something to do that will not break the bank. I will need to get souvenirs while in port but do not want to spend the day shopping as 5 year old would not like. I know cave tubing is popular however I am claustrophobic. Please any suggestions on what to do and what to avoid would be great….

opps, didn't notice your comment about cave tubing. I am slightly claustrophobic myself, but I did not have any problems with the caves. They are large inside and there was a cool breeze, so it was not a problem for me. Just make sure that you have something planned ahead of time, there is not a lot to do in the "port area".

I really don't know why being in one of these caves would make you claustrophobic since they are bigger than your bed room, but I will let you make that call. You know your body better than I.;)

You might book a trip to Bannister Island or one of the other private islands. (I hear that Fab Tours has their own island now). We used Fab to go to Bannister a couple of trips back. Nice place, gorgeous beach and they also had a boat snorkel trip. I think that we paid around $40 but we have our own snorkel gear. There will be plenty of tours available at the tender dock that run about a third of what the cruiseships charge, so I wouldn't worry about booking anything now.

There is plenty of shopping at the tender dock. They have everything from woodcarvings to drugs.

Do the butterfly excursion at Bacab Eco Park. The park is amazing! (I didn't do the butterflies, I went horseback riding. But, I heard the butterflies were cool.) This is one you will have to book with the ship. I have pictures of the park in my Legend review. The link's in my signature.

We are leaving on the Carnival Glory in 35 days and I have yet to book any excursions. It will be me, dh and ds(5). I am looking for something to do that will not break the bank. I will need to get souvenirs while in port but do not want to spend the day shopping as 5 year old would not like. I know cave tubing is popular however I am claustrophobic. Please any suggestions on what to do and what to avoid would be great….

you won't find much in the way of souveniors that aren't just very touristy and out of sight price wise. Of all the places we have cruised, Belize had the least interesting things. We did wander off the main drag about a block (no further) and they had some vendors with fun things. With a 5 year old I would consider the Butterfly farm...

Nita

Archived