The Joke That is The Dawn

chevyrules2008

Chevy needed to vent. That was obvious.

If he didn't vent here, then he would maybe be turned off to cruising forever, which would be sad, because its a wonderful way to vacation.

That's why we are all here isn't it? Let him know "hey, I didn't have a bad time, if you want to try again on NCL at a different time or ship" or "here's a suggestion for a different way to deal with complaints so you get what you need" or "Try this cruise line I've found they were more attentive to the details you were looking for"

We all have our favorites, we've all had bad experiences, lets not get personal....This is a place we spend time while we wait to go and relax...isn't it?

To Immspice33,

I have been on the Dawn many times. It is a wonderful ship with a lot of wonderful people. Do not let this negative review bother you. Any trip is what you make of it. Go in with an open mind and have a great time. The Dawn is a great ship. Have fun in Bermuda. We just took the same trip this past June and we had a ball.

UNCLE PAULIE!!!!!

Chevy needed to vent. That was obvious.

If he didn't vent here, then he would maybe be turned off to cruising forever, which would be sad, because its a wonderful way to vacation.

That's why we are all here isn't it? Let him know "hey, I didn't have a bad time, if you want to try again on NCL at a different time or ship" or "here's a suggestion for a different way to deal with complaints so you get what you need" or "Try this cruise line I've found they were more attentive to the details you were looking for"

We all have our favorites, we've all had bad experiences, lets not get personal....This is a place we spend time while we wait to go and relax...isn't it?

Oh ,,, now your making me feel bad ...

Sorry OP.. better luck next time..

I found it interesting that the OP mentions the Zenith compared to the Dawn. As it happens, I sailed on the Zenith just prior to sailing on the Dawn. The only thing I liked better about the Zenith was the food. (I know, I know...very subjective). And when I was on the Dawn last year we had a bout of norovirus going on! :eek:

Seriously - this is what stinks, I'm leaving for this cruise very soon and it's my first - I'm so excited... but it's posts like this that ruin that ... :(

Please don't let something like what he wrote scare you; look at all the reviews. Things some of us blow off, others can't handle. the Dawn has the most repeat cruisers than any NCL ship, that should tell you something.

There is never anything like your first cruise; rarely does anyone not have a wonderful time unless cruising ends up not being for you and that happens rarely.

It amazes me the OP compared the Zenith to the Dawn. We had many things we liked about the Zenith, specially the food, but there are no comparisons between the ships: age, condition, size, cabins, etc. They just can't be compared.

Nita

Recipe for a perfect cruise:

Port Feels + Mojitos + HotDogs + Beer + Popcorn

A pretty good recipe! Where do you get the mojitos? The bartenders always tell me they can't make mojitos - I believe because they don't have fresh mint onboard.

A pretty good recipe! Where do you get the mojitos? The bartenders always tell me they can't make mojitos - I believe because they don't have fresh mint onboard.

I have plenty growing out back...

BYOM ;)

I have been on the Dawn many times. I have sailed on other ships, lines and have the opportunity to tour other ships and lines. The NCL Dawn is and has always been a spotless ship with a terrific crew. I have had such wonderful cruises on the Dawn and trust her, her crew and NCL so much that I have a large group booked on her for next August of 2009.

It amazes me some of these fly-by-night posters and their bashing..

You'll love the Dawn AND Bermuda :)

I have plenty growing out back...

BYOM ;)

I got a muddler.

Let me tell you this.

There is this Cuban resturant in NYC called Havana (or Havana Tropics?) I took the day off to go to a play on Wednesday and we made it there just in time for happy hour and $5 mojitos. (in TALL glasses) They were DEEEE-LISIOUS! We had 4 each and thank you to Metro North for driving me home!:D

Oh lord, you folks are great! This is almost as much fun as the dress code threads on the Carnival boards! :D I think I'm going to have a great time on my Norwegian cruise...now if only I didn't have to wait so long!

Seriously - this is what stinks, I'm leaving for this cruise very soon and it's my first - I'm so excited... but it's posts like this that ruin that ... :(

Aww, no worries. I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise on the Dawn & posts like this just make me laugh. It's all in what you make of it. If you're ready to have a great time, you'll have a great time.

I got a muddler.

Let me tell you this.

There is this Cuban resturant in NYC called Havana (or Havana Tropics?) I took the day off to go to a play on Wednesday and we made it there just in time for happy hour and $5 mojitos. (in TALL glasses) They were DEEEE-LISIOUS! We had 4 each and thank you to Metro North for driving me home!:D

Me too!!! I might muddle myself a Caipirinha or two tonight!!!

Did you ever make it to the play??? ha ha ... :D

boy if this thread isn't going to hell in a handbasket I don't know what is.......

hey..wait a minute ....I'm going on the Dawn next October. Holy smokes...what am I thinking!

Hope you like the taste of hair! Just Kidding!

Me too!!! I might muddle myself a Caipirinha or two tonight!!!

Did you ever make it to the play??? ha ha ... :D

YES, we saw the Chicago matinee and got to the bar by 4:30!

What's in a Caiprinha? I want one!

... I guess my main question is how anyone can go on an NCL cruise and be surprised by the service charge?

Viv

They obviously didn't hang out on the NCL board on cruise critic and read any of the hundreds of threads on Tipping.

Or look at the FAQ on the NCL site (those sneaky devils hid the tipping FAQ about 1/2 way down the list)...

Or look in their NCL brochure/magazine. My TA sends one to me for each cruise we go on.

PS: We'll be on the Star in Dec... anyone wanna do free port feels then?

We never sailed the Gem. We have sailed NCL twice. We also had to put up with several of the problems you mention. Of the 4 different cruise lines we sailed. NCL is the only one we will never sail again.

Couldn't be happier to read that. See ya, .......

I don't believe a word of the OP. Does anybody really think that, if this was accurate, this cruise company would be in business? Holy Smokes!

I'll be on the Dawn in Oct to Bermuda and the OP hasn't given me any reasons to reconsider. Why the heck do I read posts like this?

There should be two Dawn categories, one for positive posts and one for negative. I know which I'd read and which I wouldn't. Mind you, I have no problem with a review that is 95% positive and then sights a few areas of improvement. Sheesh.

Archived