Payment of Reciprocity Fee at the Sanitago Airport

SelectSys

Is it all the machines or just some of them? How are they marked? I certainly didn't notice this as an option from the ATM I used at SCL but nor was I really looking.

I never noticed any special markings. But I am anal to READ all the fine print on an ATM machine. That is how I noticed two buttons on SOME of the ATM machines in Chile and Peru. And it is only on some of them-the ones owned by Forex Cambio are the one I noticed most frequently in Chile. The ATM at the Inka Grill in Cusco is consistently out of USA dollars-all the backpacker withdrawals are in US dollars.

I read ALL fine print after a 3,000,000 DONG withdrawal in Vietnam (only about $200.00). But in the fine print, IF you withdrew over 2,000,000 Dong, there were SUBSTANTIAL fees (seems to me it was like $60.00 PLUS the foreign ATM fee PLUS my bank's ATM fee PLUS the exchange fee). Learned my lesson to READ all the fine print on the ATM.

The ATMs in chile are easy to use. Just make sure to do it through foreign client/extranjero.

As far as I know, taking out money from Chile, the ATMs never charged me a fee, but this was in the city and not at the airport. Most ATMs in chile are on the redbanc system. Your home bank may charge fees though.

I paid with a credit card just fine and they stapled a paper into my passport.

Archived