Rhine River level and Lufthansa

lsbauer

We will be on the Rhine in a month. Is there currently any problem with the water level?

Also, we are scheduled to fly Lufthansa. Does anyone know the status of the strike?

Thanks

Larry

They union and LH found an agreement yesterday and the strike is over since todays early shift. Anyway it´ll take LH about two weeks to get back to the normal schedule (mainly because a lot of plance couldn´t be maintained so they are having sort of a "traffic jam" there).

As for the Rhine river levels ask again a couple of days prior to your cruise (but I won´t answer as I will be in the US by then :D). Last week we had sort of a heat wave but heavy thunderstorms during the nights with extreme rainfall. But that doesn´t affect the river levels pretty much maybe just for a day or so.

steamboats

• 3 weeks later...

Steamboats, I hope all is going well for your flight Sunday to the US. Is the strike issue behind us now?

I know we are still too far out for precise information regarding Rhine and Mosel river levels for the 1st 2 weeks in September but are there any current problems or do things seem to be pretty "normal"?

Larry

Archived