Help, reservation problems, need Long Beach Hotel info

rnff2

I am in need of some assistance. We booked the Renaissance Marriott, in Long Beach for the night prior to our cruise. Our flight was changed so we decided to fly in a day earlier, changed our hotel reservations, or so I thought. Today I was looking at our reservations on line and they do not show us arriving until the 26th, we fly in on the 25th...I called and they are booked for the 25th...now what do I do??? I guess I'll cancel and find another hotal nearby.

Problem is we were planning on meeting for dinner and sharing a shuttle from this hotel to the port in the am with another CC member...any suggestion on a different hotel???

Would like to stay in the area, had plans to go to the Aquarium and do some last minute shopping at the nearby Walmart...

We are flying into Long Beach airport and staying post cruise 1 night also.

Thanks...

Check on the Westin. If I remember, it's no more than a block from the Renaissance, on Ocean.

The Westin website is showing availablity for the 25th and 26 of August (I guessed it was August). If you can do a AAA discount, it's $215 or so.

When I booked the Renaissance online I was able to print out a confirmation. Did you get one when you added the extra day?

Try this link. Post #11 has an aerial view of the hotels so you can see what's close by. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=604242

It might be easier to stay in a different hotel the first night, then move to the Renaissance for the second night to be in place for the shuttle to the pier.

If you feel comfortable, you may want to bid 3 or 4* on Priceline. I'm not sure which port you're going from but there are several hotels that will shuttle you to the pier for free. The CP in San Pedro usually wins with a $65 bid. Not sure about the LB hotels, but I'd start at around the same price.

Good Luck.

When I booked the Renaissance online I was able to print out a confirmation. Did you get one when you added the extra day?

It might be easier to stay in a different hotel the first night, then move to the Renaissance for the second night to be in place for the shuttle to the pier.

DH booked over the phone, started out by booking 1 night pre and one night post cruise. Our flight got changed so we decided to fly in another day early so my DH called and the 25th was supposed to be added to the already existing reservation. I have 2 confirmation #'s but neither has the 25th added to it. They are only showing the orginial reservations not the added night of the 25th.:confused:

I think we will just find a hotel at the airport (Long Beach) and then go over to the Renaissance for the 2nd night. Our flight doesn't get in until after 8pm and we are traveling with our 3yr old, so I'm thinking that will be our best bet. Only thing is I wonder if the Renaissance will keep our luggage until check in time??? I guess I'll have to give them a call and find out...If I book a related hotel maybe I can also get them to give us a ride from one of their hotels to another...

Thanks everyone:)

Staying near the airport sounds like a perfect solution. And it should be cheaper too.

I would think it wouldn't be a problem for the Renaissance to hold your luggage. They should have a bell captain who can take care of that for you.

Have a great cruise!!

Paula

We were just hit with a flight time change from our airline too, and it kind of screws up the departure.

Now, instead of leaving at 1PM, which I thought was perfect, we would have to stay until 9PM and fly overnight, which I did not want.

I'm thinking we might just head to another hotel and fly out the next day now. It would certainly be more relaxing!

QUESTION: Do any hotels offer PICK UP FROM THE PORT and return back to the hotel AFTER a cruise???

Looks like now we get to stay at BOTH the Crowne Plaza AND The Doubletree!

Due to the flight change, they were able to put us on a flight at 11AM the NEXT morning, giving us the chance to spend one more night in San Pedro after the cruise.

We're booked into the Doubletree for that last night, now so we'll be able to get a good comparison to the Crowne Plaza, where we are staying before the cruise!

Supershuttle was the same price to go from the port or from the Doubletree back to Long Beach Airport, so we're happy about the extra day!

We'll just have to find transport from the ship back to the Doubletree after the cruise.

:)

Due to the flight change, they were able to put us on a flight at 11AM the NEXT morning, giving us the chance to spend one more night in San Pedro after the cruise.

We're booked into the Doubletree for that last night, now so we'll be able to get a good comparison to the Crowne Plaza, where we are staying before the cruise!

Supershuttle was the same price to go from the port or from the Doubletree back to Long Beach Airport, so we're happy about the extra day!

We'll just have to find transport from the ship back to the Doubletree after the cruise.

Great way to reort back on both! Doesn't the DT have a shuttle :confused: to the pier, which means that they should be able to pick you up.

Doubletree has at least two shuttles sitting around every day.

If you click on my report here, there is a picture of it (post #6) so you know what to look for...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

Take the direct phone number of the hotel with you, so you can call them when you disembark. They'll tell you where to go at the pier (especially if there are a lot of people) for pickup - so they know where to look for you.

For general info - both Crowne Plaza and Doubletree have shuttles to AND from the pier before and after cruises.

Thanks!

We plan on taking the CR shuttle to the ship on crusing day!

I'll give the DoubleTree a call before we leave to get the specifics about the ride back to the hotel when we return to the port.

I've already asked them for an early check-in so we'll have the day free to explore....or REST! :D

Can't wait to get there!

Archived