divi little bay beach resort

DonnaKSMJ

Hi Donna,

Was at Divi a few weeks ago, first time there. Actually the Divi Bay Beach Resort is visible from the port, the next bay over and only minutes from the port. I think the taxi was only 5 or 6 bucks. I'm not sure what your excursion is but we watched group after group go out snorkeling while we were nestled in our chairs under umbrellas sippin pina coladas. We had brought our own snorkel gear so we spent quite a while there on our own time. We were there early and snagged 2 chairs under an umbrella which we were solicited to pay 10 dollars for....a bargain! The bar was nearby and got drinks for $7. We were way on the left side of the beach. There is more activity in the main beach area, banana boat, jetskis etc. The beach is relatively small, but minutes away! We had a nice realaxing day there and taxis waiting to get us back to do some shopping. A short water taxi ride $3, and back at our ship in short order.

Rick

Can you just take a cab to the Divi Little Bay and hang out there? Or do you need some type of reservations or day pass?

I was thinking of doing the ship excursion but not leaving after the 4 1/2 hours, just taking a cab back when we are ready. Maybe we can do it better on our own.

Thanks, Jackie

RCI's excursion includes use of pool/s, showers, and changing rooms, beach chairs, bbq lunch, two complimentary beverages, and of course transportation to and from. Price is $40 adult or $32 child. This sounds okay to me if you would otherwise pay $10 for two chairs, $7 per drink, $3-$6 for transportation each way plus the cost of lunch and not have use of the pool and showers.

But what about the lunch they provide? Is it tasty and worth it? If not, that would be make my decision to not do the excursion and buy my own lunch when we got there by taxi.

I'd rather buy good food if the excursion bbq isn't good.

Eileen

Archived