Songs for slideshow?

deb5217

I'm creating a slideshow to music of our cruise. I'm at a loss as to what song to use for my Atlantis pictures. I have one section of Nassau that I used Kokomo (beach boys) I now have Atlantis (lots of aquarium pictures) Freeport and our formal pictures. Any ideas?? tia for any help you can give me. The ship pictures I used, what else, The Love Boat!! Big surprise there!!

What a great idea!! First, none of these are my great ideas. I just did a Google search, but your topic got me to thinking about what I would put on my own video (maybe I'll try one myself after my cruise).

Apparently Donovan had a hit in the 60's called "Atlantis". Maybe go to itunes or youtube and give it a listen. Might be too slow, I dunno. It's kind of a spoken word set to music that tells the story of Atlantis. It's actually quite nice but slooooowwww....

My top choice for a vacation video would be "Somewhere Over the Rainbow (What a Wonderful World)" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Something about that songs sounds tropical to me.

Okay, here are some other choices for general beach vacation music.

"La Isla Bonita" Madonna

"Surf City" - Jan & Dean

"Wipe Out" - The Beach Boys

"Beyond the Sea" - Bobby Darin

"Vacation" - The Go-Go's

"Soak Up the Sun" - Sheryl Crow

"Calypso" - John Denver

"Under the Boardwalk" - The Drifters

"Sea Cruise" - Frankie Ford

For fun:

"Under the Sea" from the Little mermaid soundtrack (such a fun & happy song :-)

"Celebrate (Good Times, Come on)" - Kool and the Gang

"Every little thing gonna be all right" Bob marley

"Caribbean Queen" - Billy Ocean

"Two Tickets to Paradise" Eddie Money

A little more funky:

"Summer Sun" by Yukimi Nagano (copy/paste this into youtube.com and listen to the first selection. Kind of funky & fun)

Hope this helps.

Shara

I like the idea of Under the Sea (from The Little Mermaid) for the aquarium pics...also, for the formal night pics onboard, I think Celebrate by Kool and the Gang would be an excellent choice...Holiday by Madonna is another good one to consider for the formal night pics

Thanks, great selections! I'll have to look for some of those songs. I'm still working out the bugs of this program. I'm using Roxio media creator 10. Anyone else have and use this program?

Hey Deb,

If you are able to work out the bugs I'd love to know how easy or difficult it was to make the DVD.

My cruise isn't until January but I am taking my family on a land based vacation to Cozumel in October. I would love to make a DVD of all the great pictures.

Good luck!

Shara

If you go to Roxio.com and see what thhis program can do it might be what you are looking for. I found some tutorials on the site that will help me. It seem slike I was using the wrong part of the program for waht I was trying to do, so this weekend I will try it using the slideshow part and I should be okay. I'll let you know.

deb

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever seen the movie "50 First Dates" with Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore? They play a song at the end of the movie called "Somewhere over the the rainbow," and they remade the song to sound more tropical. I don't know who sings this version, but if you google it or go to itunes or rhapsody and search for it it should come up. You will have to listen to it to find out if it's the movie version, but you'll know as soon as you hear it. Also, when DH & I went to Maui they played some Coldplay music in our headsets during the helicopter tour. "Speed of Sound" was the song that most stuck in our heads and to this day, every time we hear it it reminds us of Hawaii. In fact, we call it "the Hawaii song." Original, huh? lol Check out some of the party music cds, as well. They often have fun versions of original songs like "Margaritaville," "Two Pina Coladas," etc. These should be able to be found in a google or itunes search, too. Good luck! I love slideshows! :)

Anyone ever seen the movie "50 First Dates" with Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore? They play a song at the end of the movie called "Somewhere over the the rainbow," and they remade the song to sound more tropical. I don't know who sings this version, but if you google it or go to itunes or rhapsody and search for it it should come up.

Scrappinannie, the song title you're referring to is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow (What a Wonderful World)" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. If I get around to making a slide show of my cruise or our family vacation to Cozumel I plan to use that as my 1st song.

Does anyone know if the Roxio media creator 10 allows you to fade the songs in and out? I recently watched a DVD slide show at a retirement party and I noticed the songs were not played in entirety but rather about 60 seconds (more or less). Some songs were edited to play beginning and ending verses only or the better parts of the song that people recognized. It was pretty cool. Held attention spans longer, too :D

Cheers!

Shara

• 8 months later...

Great suggestions on the songs. I use Roxio 9 and currently working on my Celebrity Solstice Video. I love doing the videos and getting just the right songs to go with the themes. Been looking for something different and Somewhere Over the Rainbow might just work.

A couple of songs that are my favorites are Come Sail Away by Styx, Sailing by Christopher Cross, and Cruisin by Hey Lewis & Gwyneth Paltrow.

Of course Jimmy Buffet has several songs that work but I have used most at least one time.

Roxio 9 does let you fade in and out and also you can loop the music but I haven't quit mastered it yet. Mine are amaturish at best but still great to relive the cruise. Great gifts too for others that travel with you.

We've used:

Limbo Rock

I'm Yours

Shark Tales

Follow Da Leader

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Reggae Music

Red Red Wine

Put the Lime in the Coconut

Hot Hot Hot

Hey Baby

Cupid Shuffle

Dollar Wine

Brown Eye Girl

Cha CHa SLide

Beyond the Sea (NICE)

Amore

3 Little Birds

Montego Bay

a great song is the marimba music from the credits of True Romance. the useable portion in the film is not very long because there is some voice over narration, but it is a great piece of music. i'm pretty sure my son found the music without the narration online

• 3 weeks later...

"Come sail away" - Styx

Im sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea

Ive got to be free, free to face the life thats ahead of me

On board, Im the captain, so climb aboard

Well search for tomorrow on every shore

And Ill try, oh lord, Ill try to carry on

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Chesney does a LOT of beach-y stuff.

"When the Sun Goes Down" is the one stuck in my head right now.

"We Went Out Last Night" is another fun one if you do karaoke or visit the nightlife on the ship.

Don't forget Alan Jackson's and Jimmy Buffet's "It's 5:00 Somewhere" too!

• 2 months later...
I would love to make a DVD slideshow with music but have no clue how to do it. Does anyone have any slideshows that they have made and willing to share how they made theirs?

TIA

Know anyone with a Mac? I just bought a MacBook Pro and making slideshows is a breeze! Just a few clicks and it's done. Love it!

• 1 year later...

Archived