Dolphin Encounter Cozumel

DB2VA

I am thinking of signing up for this excursion, which I see includes transportation and entrance to Chankanaab. My husband wants to come to the Chankanaab Park with me, but not do the dolphin excursion. Is this possible?

I booked direct with Dolphin Discovery. I'm doing the Royal Swim. Dh will just pay admission to the park and watch.

Admission is $16 but there is a $2 off coupon at Cozumelinsider.com

You're gonna love the royal swim, we did it in June and it was money very well spent, worth every penny and then some. There's no way to describe the foot push awesome is an understatement. There are pics in my signature, I think the look on my face says it all, it was a blast. Just make sure you wear a swimsuit that won't ride up, or have on a top that may come down.;)

You will absolutely love the Royal Swim. I did it in December and it was awesome. My husband sat on the bench and watched. Luckily we were up front so he got some good pictures. Of course we also bought the ones the instructors took. Like the previous person stated, make sure you wear a one piece bathing suit or make sure your top won't ride up. One of the young girls in our group had on a two piece (the type that looks like a one piece) and bless her heart, all you saw when she was doing the foot push was her belly. Your admission to the park is included in the price of the Royal Swim, but your husband will pay the park admission. Have a great time.

We booked directly with the park and saved quite a bit. We took a cab from the pier ($10.00 total), used some discount coupons on the park's site (for general admission) and then paid for the swim directly as well. My friend paid for this, as a birthday present for me, so I'm not sure of the exact am't but I think we saved between $40-50.00 total so it was worth doing it that way.

I will book the excursion myself for our New Year's Eve trip as well, since I have already done the swim I'll amuse myself with the rest of the park whilst my family plays with the dolphins. The snorkeling is supposed to be decent, eventhough the reef was injured by a hurricane a couple of years ago, and there is also a mock up of a Mayan village and some antiquities that I'm interested in seeing. It really is just a short cab ride, perhaps ten minutes, and I'll enjoy having the freedom to come and go as I wish.

The place is beautiful btw....bathrooms, and changing areas are immaculate.

You're gonna love the royal swim, we did it in June and it was money very well spent, worth every penny and then some. There's no way to describe the foot push awesome is an understatement. There are pics in my signature, I think the look on my face says it all, it was a blast. Just make sure you wear a swimsuit that won't ride up, or have on a top that may come down.;)

awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm so excited. The swim is my birthday present.

• 2 weeks later...
I am thinking of signing up for this excursion, which I see includes transportation and entrance to Chankanaab. My husband wants to come to the Chankanaab Park with me, but not do the dolphin excursion. Is this possible?

Be sure that the excursion through the ship is the program that you want. I've heard that many of the ships do not offer the Royal Swim. That's the best one where you get the kiss, the hug, the fin pull/ride and the foot push. If you are not sure, call your ships excursion office and find out for sure. You will be disappointed if you are expecting the Royal Swim and only get the encounter or regular swim.

I'd advise booking directly with Dolphin Discovery anyway as it will be cheaper then the ship.

If you want to see more pics, follow my link below and just scan through the thumbnails till you see the dolphin pics.

Have a wonderful time..you are going to LOVE it!

Archived