Need advice on Century Excursion

twinkle toes

Hi. I am taking my family and parents on Century in March to Caribbean. We have a day stop in Georgetown and I wanted advice on what to do there. I went on the excursion page of their Website, and it is 4 pages long:eek: . I posted this question on the port of call board in hopes that I will get some responses there as well.

My parents are 78 and 80, both in good health (can walk fine, etc). My husband and I have 2 teenage daughters we are taking along too. We are OK with splitting up and doing something different than my parents. So...with that in mind, if you had only one or two excursions you could list, which would they be (not considering the price) and which would you consider totally worthless.

Any help on wittling down the list available would be greatly appreciated.

The swimming with the sting rays is supposed to be incredible. I have booked this twice, but unfortunately it was cancelled due to bad weather both times (I am trying again in January)! Although the seniors may not care for this, your teenagers very well might love it.

One time when the excursion was cancelled I did a bus tour into Hell (a small town on the Cayman Islands). There is not much to see there (it is very small) but they do have a post office and you can buy post cards and send them from Hell to people (that was kind of fun). That tour also stopped at a rum cake factory (they had free tasting there) and I think somewhere else.

Seven mile beach is also a nice beach and is very close by.

We booked the Stingray excursion but missed it (my mom wasn't feeling up to it).

When we got into town we just payed for the bus excursion that Gonzo did.

The rum factory was a quick stop, the rock formations in Hell are pretty cool to see (we mailed postcards, too), and we also stopped at the turtle farm/sanctuary. You could hold baby turtles, see the different species, etc. On the bus ride between the different places the tour guide gave some great information on the architecture and infrastructure of the island.

It was overall a fun tour, but I still say you look into the Stingrays as a first choice.

The pirate tram ride (not sure of the official name) was not worth the money.. we waited a long time to get started, were packed in quite tightly & not that much to see along the way.,,,,We took it because I had a foot problem at the time but it was not worth the time or money--suggest you skip that one..

We have enjoyed snorkeling excursions--the one without the stingrays, going to a resort on an excursion & also doing stuff on our own--a very do it yourself port for those who do not want an excursion! Places to shop, sit & nice lunch spots too even right in town!

Archived