Wine Question

I read somewhere else on this board that you can purchase wine at the gift store on the boat duty free and bring it back to your room as long as you pay a 9.00 surcharge. I did not see anything like this on Royal's website...

Is this true or did I misread something...

Thanks in advance

You can buy wine on the ship in the bars or the wine&dine package and take back to your room or have it delivered room service. That's about it far as I know.

I read somewhere else on this board that you can purchase wine at the gift store on the boat duty free and bring it back to your room as long as you pay a 9.00 surcharge. I did not see anything like this on Royal's website...

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

This is untrue. Any alcohol purchased in the shops onboard is held until the last night of your cruise.

Thanks in advance

The gift shop only sells hard liquor, not wine. You used to be able to pay $9.00 and take a bottle back to your cabin, but that hasn't been the case for a couple of years now. Also, the shop has duty free prices (not as cheap as the Caribbean but better than shoreside) - all of the wine onboard is marked up (sometimes as much as 5x retail).

Wine can be purchased in any bar (although the selection is extremely limited) or in the dining room (where you can pick from the full wine list), and you can take an unopened bottle back to your stateroom.

You can buy wine anywhere they sell it on the ship (dining room, specialty restaurants, wine bar, etc) and bring it anywhere you want. That is the only beverage (alcoholic) that you can buy and bring to your room or otherwise.

Thanks in advance

The Independence has a wine bar (Vintages) on the Royal Promenade. Outside of the dining room, this will be the best place to buy a bottle of wine.

You can buy wine anywhere they sell it on the ship (dining room, specialty restaurants, wine bar, etc) and bring it anywhere you want. That is the only beverage (alcoholic) that you can buy and bring to your room or otherwise.

Actually you can also buy beer and alcoholic beverages from any of the ship's bar and take them back to your room or order them through room service.

Archived