Question about cabin showers

tooalto

We are looking at a Rhine cruise in 2009. Right now we haven't ruled out any of the lines. I do have a question about the showers. A friends who sailed on the Yangtze with Viking had a nice shower stall however, in talking with others at the airport, she found out that the lines they were sailing basically just had a shower head mounted on the bathroom wall. No stall so that by the time the first person had showered, the whole bathroom was soaked. That would be unacceptable for us. We realize this may be specific either to the destination or the particular cruise line. Has anyone had this type of shower. If so, that line would be off our search radar. My husband gets the bathroom soaked just shaving!

We were on the Viking Pride doing the Budapest to Amsterdan tour this past June. Our shower was a little stall with a shower head, soap dispenser, a retractable drying clothes line and a shower curtain. We made out fine and my husband is a big man. We enjoyed our trip very much.

Sandy

tooalto,

Although I´ve never been to China I can speak for European standards and I can assure you that you can´t compare China to Europe.

On European riverships you´ll usually find glass enclosed showers and mainly on older ships you might find a shower curtain.

You will also mainly find hand held showers (which can be hooked on to a bar type of thing so let the water pour over you).

steamboats

Avalon's showers have a showerhead that can either be left in place on the wall or used as a hand-held. Their stalls are enclosed with glass. We found the shower to be great and had no water leakage at all.

The Amadeus shower has some of the best water pressure I have ever experienced. Multiple directions, if you prefer. The ventilation above dried things we washed in a few hours.

WIT

Archived