Legend in the UK

atush

All you past legend cruisers,

will we like her for 3 day UK-France-Uk cruises, or longer 11 day Med cruises?

Only cruised Voyager Class before, and never a 3 day as we live in Britain.

Who will be taking over her Hawaii run?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=02>

<param name="day" value=07>

<param name="hour" value=2>

<param name="minute" value=16>

</applet>

I just got off Brilliance 2 days ago and while I was there I discussed this with the Loyalty Ambassador. She gave me Legend's route and it is an 11 or 12 day itinerary leaving from England cruising the Med. She did not tell me about any 3-day cruises, however.

I loved Legend and Splendour!

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea" (Calypso)

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

We sailed on Legend two years ago and really enjoyed the ship. I can't compare it to a voyager class ship since I haven't sailed on one yet. The ceiling to floor winows in the dining room are marvelous. I think you'd be happy with either cruise. I know I'd be thrilled to go for 3 days and wouldn't feel cramped if I was on her for 11 days either.

Future cruises

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Thanks,

anyone else have thoughts? Anyone cruised with childre or teens on her?

I got the brochure the other day-3, 11, and 14 night itineraries from Southampton. The 3 day is to France and the channel islands. Thought it would be nice, as we don't usually cruise each year, but could with these shorter runs and no trans atlantic air tickets to buy!

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by atush:

Thanks,

anyone else have thoughts? Anyone cruised with childre or teens on her?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Atush, I don't have kids, but I play like one. We were on the Legend last year in March going from New Zealand, to Tahiti and ultimately to Hawaii. So for 16 days 8 of which were sea days we were on the Legend of the Seas. We played Shuffleboard, played lots of miniature golf, and we played arcade games. I don't lay by the pool. I am like a child. I was a little concerned because the two cruises prior were on the Adventure and the Radiance. I was pleasantly surprised. Although the Vision class is older than the other two ships it compared well. It had the solarium area, and enough activities to keep me reasonably entertained.

jc

I thought that the Legend was doing the Mexican Riveria trips while the vision was in Alaska?

We are sailing her in 24 days in Hawaii! Can't wait!!!

RCL~Navigator 8/2003, Majesty 7/2003, Radiance 4/2003, Monarch 8/2002, Nordic Empress 8/2001

Celebrity~Century 7/2001 & 7/1998, Horizon 7/1991

Future Cruises:

Legend of the Seas 5/7/2004

Enchantment of the Seas 8/30/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;7;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Till Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till Belize on the Enchantment of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Panama Canal on Brilliance of the Seas!

I was also thinking of the Legend for next year,as Atush says -no long flights etc.

With Alex 16th,Mum's 70th and Dad's 75th birthdays all next year it would be perhaps an easier way to get family together with the sailing from Southampton.

If RCCI improve their menus etc I think it would be a perfect way to celebrate and maybe Andrea we will get a chance to sail together again without jetlag etc.

My worry mainly -apart from food-is there enough to keep all the family happy icon_biggrin.gif on the Legend?

Liz

Elizanessie.jpg?dc=4675451443376282749

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hardingk:

I thought that the Legend was doing the Mexican Riveria trips while the vision was in Alaska?

We are sailing her in 24 days in Hawaii! Can't wait!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RCI seems to be moving their ships around a lot lately. Legend was in Alaska up until this year. I think you are correct in that it's doing the Mexican Riviera now and I know I've seen in on some of the Hawaii itenary's as well as Panama Canal. This is one ship with RCI that really gets around.

Future cruises

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Thanks JC, Liz, Harding et all,

something to think about.

Although I enjoyed our last cruise on Navigator, hubby isn't keen to do so next year. He and they boys are thinking land based (due in some part to recent RCI changes, but due to other things as well) for next year, but if RCI started doing short 3-4 day cruises from Europe, it could fit in with our other plans. As we currently own a small cottage in France, we are permanently planning to go there for our Summer holiday. We used to cruise only in winter (Feb) but a 3-4 day cruise would be just the ticket for a spring or fall trip, as it would be much more affordable.

</applet>

Liz,

boys have run off w/ brochure, but I think it runs in conjunction w/ the 11 night cruise, alternating every fortnight with the longer 14 night cruise, so 1 per month.

</applet>

Archived