Dock or Tender?

trishaedge

I have never been on a cruise before....so, can anyone tell me whether the NCL Dream docks or tenders from the follow ports? And, if I don't book an excursion through the ship, do I have to wait until all those passengers who did depart? What about at docks?

Cancun?

Cozumel?

Roatan?

Belize?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry I answered only partly. At the dock, it is pretty much go as you can, and there is usually no problem. You get off pretty fast. At the tender ports, they will pass out tender tickets with the first ones going to those that have the early tours. Then the others, again I have found no problem with this either. You might get off the ship an hour or so after the first ones, but you are on vacation.

Roatan is a very small port. If more than one ship is in port at a time, one ship may have to tender but the tendering distance is not far. Tenders into Belize port are generally done by speed boat tenders which is a great, fun adventure in itself.

Have read many new cruisers concerned about the tendering. It's actually safe and enjoyable when ship's crew coordinates together. During our seven cruises, we have had to tender at least once during all but one and have never had a problem. In fact, we actually look forward to tendering into different ports just to see what type of boat is being used. Also gives you time to meet a few more people on your cruise ship as you mingle side-by-side in the closer quarters of the small boat.

Archived