JUST RETURNED FROM ALASKA via NCL STAR!

mousey

After waiting for years, I finally got to sail to Alaska. It was everything I hoped for and more! It was awesome!

This review will be short. I will post a longer one on the "Members Review Board".

We sailed on the Star last year at Spring Break to the Mexican Riviera, and enjoyed her very much. This time (for the first time) we repeated sailing on the same ship. We won't do that again unless its absolutely necessary, such as it was this time. You find yourself comparing your first experience to the one you're on, and its just not the same. Having said that, we still had a really nice time on the Star.

Alaska itself was just fantastic! As beautiful and you can possibly imagine. My favorite part was sailing up the Endicott pass and seeing the beautiful glaciers. What a wonderful experience! Seeing whales off the ship itself was an unexpected, lovely surprise!

The DH and DS (13) went Salmon fishing in Ketchikan on an NCL excursions. It was so worth it! They caught enough Salmon so that we are now giving some away to our family and friends, and still will have enough for us to eat for at least the next 6 months!! The guys really, really, loved that excursion. Our next excursion was Floating the river and seeing the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. In Skagway we went rock climbing in the rain forest. Totally awesome!!!!! The DS was up and down that rock wall three times like a little squirl. The DH climbed it twice and they both repelled down the face of it. Wow! Was I ever impressed. I did not do as well. I did get 3/4 of the way up the beginer's part, but I just didn't have the strength to hawl my "big butt" all the way up. The DH and DS were impressed with me none-the-less. In Prince Rupert we went on a whale watching boat and saw lots of whales close up.

All-in-all we had a wonderful time, both on the Star and in all the ports. The DH, DS, and I met lots of nice people and saw some incredible sights. It was a vacation we will never forget!:D See my review on the "Members Review Board" for the pros and cons, and some tips to help make your trip as fun as ours!

What a fantastic review...err...short review. We are going in less than 3 weeks at end of August... and can now imagine what a great time we are going to have.

We plan to have just as good of time as your family had. Alaska here we come!!! :D

Alaska itself was just fantastic! As beautiful and you can possibly imagine. My favorite part was sailing up the Endicott pass and seeing the beautiful glaciers. What a wonderful experience! Seeing whales off the ship itself was an unexpected, lovely surprise!

QUOTE]

When did you go?? They are still only sailing Endicott and NOT Tracy Arm???

I'm on this ship again next year.

QUOTE]

When did you go?? They are still only sailing Endicott and NOT Tracy Arm???

I'm on this ship again next year.

Hi, Budget Queen! From all the reviews I've read and online posts I've seen, it seems like the Star has been going up the Endicott Arm and visiting Dawes Glacier about 1/2 the time. And even the excursion, Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer has gone up the Endicott Arm, since it has to meet up with the Star.

When will you be on the Star? We'll be on her again for the May 30, 2009 cruise.

Archived