an OMG upgrade!!!!

Hdietsche1

Carnival just called, I went from an OV to A PENTHOUSE!!!!!!!!

Midship like I need, it cost me 500, but omg, I can hardly breathe!!!!

Tell me this is as good as I think it is!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! We have our first penthouse on the Imagination in September.. can't wait!

If you spend a lot of time in your room, I think it's great. To me, a penthouse would be a waste. I'm just happy with a balcony, but we like being outside. And $500 buys a lot of DOD's and souvenirs... ;)

But if you're excited, that's all that matters. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it!

If you spend a lot of time in your room, I think it's great. To me, a penthouse would be a waste. I'm just happy with a balcony, but we like being outside. And $500 buys a lot of DOD's and souvenirs... ;)

But if you're excited, that's all that matters. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it!

The OP was in a OV, didnt have a balcony....and this is a super balcony. So to go from a OV all the way up to a penthouse suite, is worth it if they wanted a balcony like you said you are happy with.

I'm sorry, I missed that it was just an OV. I was thinking the OP already had a balcony... that is an awesome upgrade! That's not far off from what we paid to go from an OV to just a regular balcony... and with a family, I'm sure the extra space will be a godsend. Again, congratulations! :)

I am super happy, I have sailed with others that have had balconies, but never had one of my very own. Now look at the bragging rights. I know that this may not be great for those of you that always book balconies, and I know that 500 can buy a lot, but we are not drinkers. We are doing disney before our trip, and was planning on Busch Gardens the day before and the day of debarkation for the same money. Sooooooooooooo we will forego the park, hit the beach before and after and just LOVE life!!!

This is a great deal. There is nothing like a suite. Only problem is that you will always want a suite :D

Congratulations! I hope you have a blast!

I just have a question....can you normally just purchase those? Or can you only stay in one if you get upgraded? How much do they normally cost? I can barely afford a balcony lol so I don't know why I'm asking. :rolleyes:

Congratulations! I hope you have a blast!

I just have a question....can you normally just purchase those? Or can you only stay in one if you get upgraded? How much do they normally cost? I can barely afford a balcony lol so I don't know why I'm asking. :rolleyes:

You can book them. They are the Cat. 12 suites on the fantasy class.

Congrats and enjoy!

$500 is always my "what I'm willing to pay for an upgrade (inside to regular balcony)" price. Never in a million years would I imagine that would be all it would cost to upgrade to a suite. I would do in a heartbeat. Congrats - it sounds like a great deal to me.

Here I come with my bucket of vinegar. This is NO upgrade. If I understand it, Carnival called and offered to UPSELL him/her to a suite for $500.00 MORE DOLLARS. It is an UPSELL not an upgrade. Upgrades by the cruiseline are FREE, anything else is an upsale. Is it a good deal? Probably, don't know the price of the OV or if it was $500.00 total or $500.pp.

But calling it an upgrade is the same as calling it a banana or an airplane. Its none of those, its an upsell by Carnival.

Must reload vinegar bucket.

Dan

Here I come with my bucket of vinegar. This is NO upgrade. If I understand it, Carnival called and offered to UPSELL him/her to a suite for $500.00 MORE DOLLARS. It is an UPSELL not an upgrade. Upgrades by the cruiseline are FREE, anything else is an upsale. Is it a good deal? Probably, don't know the price of the OV or if it was $500.00 total or $500.pp.

But calling it an upgrade is the same as calling it a banana or an airplane. Its none of those, its an upsell by Carnival.

Must reload vinegar bucket.

Dan

Of course it's an upgrade, it's just not a FREE upgrade; besides, OP made it very clear that there was a cost, so there's no confusion.

"upsell" and "upgrade" are not mutually exclusive -- it's purely a matter of perspective. I've been persuaded to "upgrade" from what I already have, the sales agent's "upsold" me. Semantics, semantics...

I also agree that it is an upsell (which it sounds like Carnival has been doing more regularly now?) not an upgrade (which would be offered at no charge) - but in any case as long as the OP is happy and feels it was money well spent who cares!

Enjoy the penthouse!

I just had the same thing happen. We sale on Saturday on the Fantasy. Carnival called my wife and offered us a cat 12 for $500 total, not pp. Since there will be 5 of us in the cabin, she took it in a heartbeat. Call it an upgrade or an upsale, I call it a good deal. Plus I get to watch the sunrise from a balcony!!

Archived