Renting Tux on Board

Does anyone know how much they charge for Tux rental on Freedom of the Seas? Does it include the shirt, shoes, whole nine yards? Do you have to rent it for each formal night, or do they have a package deal?

I am trying to determine if this is cheaper than buying DH a suit that he won't need at home.

Thanks!

For my cruise, I used Cruiseline Formalware:

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/indexnew.php

As you are going on RCL, the direct link for that cruise line is:

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/packages.php?c=rcl&g=f

The tux was $85 for the duration of the cruise (both formal nights). They have shoes available for $12. Same price for white dinner jacket package. They also have a black/white combo for $125.

I had shoes, so I didn't rent them. The tux package came with coat, pants, 2 shirts, cummerbund, tie, studs and cufflinks. They don't include suspenders with the basic package, so I just took my own. Everything was hanging in a garment bag upon arrival at our stateroom. After the final formal night, you just package back up and the steward will pick the following morning.

HTH

symo

Does anyone know how much they charge for Tux rental on Freedom of the Seas? Does it include the shirt, shoes, whole nine yards? Do you have to rent it for each formal night, or do they have a package deal?

I am trying to determine if this is cheaper than buying DH a suit that he won't need at home.

Thanks!

Renting and having hanging in your closest is sooooo much easier than all the running around. Then again, I use the laundry service all the time too. I am on VACATION. Every other day of my life I deal with laundry and ironing. This time is for getting away from all of the :D

We are renting one for the 17th Mariner ... They also had a $3.00 fee (can't remember what for handling perhaps? It came to $100 - $85 tux, $12 shoes $3 ???. This will be the 3rd time on RCCL that we have rented and have always had good luck ... (Good luck on Carnival also, but different tux company). Jan

My husband has a tux package booked through Cruiseline Formalwear for our 9/20/08 Serenade cruise (he doesn't want to take up space in luggage to bring his own). Someone on our roll call says a rep from Cruiseline Formalwear says their last day contracted with RCCL is 9/6/08. When we talked with a reservations rep for RCCL, they know nothing about that date or if another formalwear company is getting the contract with RCCL. Is there anyone here who knows what's going on???????????????

My husband has a tux package booked through Cruiseline Formalwear for our 9/20/08 Serenade cruise (he doesn't want to take up space in luggage to bring his own). Someone on our roll call says a rep from Cruiseline Formalwear says their last day contracted with RCCL is 9/6/08. When we talked with a reservations rep for RCCL, they know nothing about that date or if another formalwear company is getting the contract with RCCL. Is there anyone here who knows what's going on???????????????

Considering I have a confirmation for the 8th of Sept and they called me about the order since they didn't have availability in something hubby ordered, I would say they are still fill reservations. Frankly I would believe RCCL over someone on your roll call for accurate info.

Considering I have a confirmation for the 8th of Sept and they called me about the order since they didn't have availability in something hubby ordered, I would say they are still fill reservations. Frankly I would believe RCCL over someone on your roll call for accurate info.

Thank you, Sue. Obviously, someone has the wrong information. I saw your "signature" that you've been a non-smoker for 9 mos. plus...... congratulations. I know how hard it is. I quit just 2 1/2 yrs. ago after smoking for 40 yrs. I quit while on a cruise with the help of acupuncture, after having tried patches, pills, hypnosis, cold turkey....all several times. Every once in awhile I still get a craving, but I know it would only take 1 cigarette for me to be HOOKED AGAIN.....so keep up the good work.:D

Thank you, Sue. Obviously, someone has the wrong information. I saw your "signature" that you've been a non-smoker for 9 mos. plus...... congratulations. I know how hard it is. I quit just 2 1/2 yrs. ago after smoking for 40 yrs. I quit while on a cruise with the help of acupuncture, after having tried patches, pills, hypnosis, cold turkey....all several times. Every once in awhile I still get a craving, but I know it would only take 1 cigarette for me to be HOOKED AGAIN.....so keep up the good work.:D

thanks very much, just went to two weddings which was a first since I quit and several times I was tempted but my husband just grabbed me and we started dancing and the craving passed.

thanks very much, just went to two weddings which was a first since I quit and several times I was tempted but my husband just grabbed me and we started dancing and the craving passed.

Sue, it's been 20 years since I stopped smoking and I still on occasion have a craving for one. It's only in passing now, more just a thought than anything else. Keep up the good work, many of us know how hard it can be at times :)

That should be in all capital letters and in red! :D

ALERT: DON'T FORGET TO BRING BLACK SOCKS!!

Thank you for the reminder, I'll add it to the packing list in big red letters like yours!

I do hope they aren't messing with the contract, I just ordered my husbands tux for Legend OTS in October :o

Thanks!

I ordered one online and it never showed up.

They had plenty the first day of the cruise, took my measurements in about 2 minutes, and delivered the Tux, the shirts, all the buttons/tie, etc. the night before the first formal.

It was around $85 if I recall correctly.

tux.jpg.f745fffe9f3d01c433da55abe5c9dccf.jpg

Please understand that I love cruising & I especially love RCCL but... last December I ordered a tux for a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. This cruise was intended to be unique in that I was traveling not only with my wife and 12 year old daughter but also my 50 year old sister and my 71 year old parents. The intention naturally to have phenomenal experiances that we could share as long as we live. The cruise was wonderful except my tux jacket could have fit my wife and I; also my dress shoes and cumberbun were missing. I had only packed two pairs of sandals for the trip so I anxiously checked with the onboard concierege for the missing attire but to no availe. The family photo that I'd dreamed of was a disaster as well as the two formal nights. You could imagine the disapproving stares that I endured from guests in proper attire while I was in a oversized tux with black sandals. I imagine that the crowds of surprised guests must have thought that I was some sort of rebel making

a statement. I didn't attend the formal meal the second night much to the dismay of my family.

I now own a tux as I do enjoy the romance of formal night with my wife and would suggest that any other travelers at least bring a rental tux with them so they know that everything will be in good order.

:confused: This is the email I received today in reference to Freedom cruise 9/28/08

Dear Guest

We have received your request for formal wear rental for your upcoming cruise, however, we regret to inform you that unfortunately we will not be providing tuxedo rental service on this date. Please contact Royal Caribbean to inquire about formal wear rental service for your cruiseWe apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.[/font][/color]

Sincerely

Customer Service Department

Cruiseline Formalwear, Inc

:confused: This is the email I received today in reference to Freedom cruise 9/28/08

Dear Guest

We have received your request for formal wear rental for your upcoming cruise, however, we regret to inform you that unfortunately we will not be providing tuxedo rental service on this date. Please contact Royal Caribbean to inquire about formal wear rental service for your cruiseWe apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.[/font][/color]

Sincerely Customer Service Department

Cruiseline Formalwear, Inc

We got the same mass email today also for our Serenade cruise 9/20/08. We had called twice last week to RCCL asking about the possibility of this, and they "didn't know anything about it."

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, DH and I just talked about this. He has decided to take a dinner jacket with shirt and tie and have them laundered onboard instead of renting a tux. He can get his jacket pressed if needed. He is trying to figure out if his dress shoes might be more weight than renting the whole outfit. MY My My:D :D :D

Archived