US Airways vs Continental

Karynanne

I have a flight booked from PHX to BCN, next week. I take US Air from PHX to EWR, and then CO to BCN.

I phoned US Air to ask what the baggage allowances would be, and they said that since the flight was booked originally on CO, then the International luggage policy would apply. I then phoned CO to ask the same question, and they said, that since the luggage would be "originally" checked in by US Air...then their luggage policy would apply.

Good grief...does anyone know the correct answer?

Thanks.

I have a flight booked from PHX to BCN, next week. I take US Air from PHX to EWR, and then CO to BCN.

I phoned US Air to ask what the baggage allowances would be, and they said that since the flight was booked originally on CO, then the International luggage policy would apply. I then phoned CO to ask the same question, and they said, that since the luggage would be "originally" checked in by US Air...then their luggage policy would apply.

Good grief...does anyone know the correct answer?

Thanks.

Is this a one ticket or two tickets combined for the itinerary?

If this is a one ticket I think the International luggage allowance applied. US already gave you the answer that you get the Int'l allowance, and that is how it would be handled at PHX when you check in. I imagine both US & CO have very similar international luggage allowances. I dont think you are subj to the domestic rules if your itinerary is booked as ONE ticket.

Archived