Do you poo?

Odoyal Rulez

Serious question ladies and gents. I remember talking to some female pals of mine and hear time to time how they only poop a couple times a week. I'm here to tell you, thats not normal, and if thats your case, up the fiber because you need to poop at least once a day if not twice to maintain a healthy lifestyle and lose weight.

I know people dont like to discuss it, but being a weight loss board, it needs to be brought up since the majority of you are females. Start eating oatmeal, chick peas, beans and what not, your scale will thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a definate must for anyone expecting to lose weight. I personally take the fiber pills twice a day to make sure that I am getting an adequate amount of Fiber. I don't think many people get all the fiber they need. I discovered along time ago that Fiber is definately the key to good/long life. Also, makes everyone happy.....

Just stumbled on this thread..I figured it out and I poop only once MAYBE twice per week, the longest I went without is 2 weeks...but I didn't feel any discomfort. I wonder if that'sn ormal. I eat al ot of fruits and vegetables too.

I used to be a once every 3-4 days kind of "pooper". And I usually didn't feel discomfort and I thought it was normal. When I dieted, I usually ended up becoming constipated which wasn't too fun. When I finally decided to stop "dieting" and just eat a healthy, balanced diet with whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and a little healthy fat, I found that I became pretty regular. Now, if I miss a day of poop, I wonder what's wrong.

Well we all would certainly be in a pickle if we didn't. :eek:

The very best part about exercise is that it keep you really, really regular, which is a very good thing. :) When I travel and can't make it to the gym in the morning, I need to go out for a walk or run up and down the stairs in my hotel, or do something to get my body going.

For those of you who don't exercise daily, if you tried it for 6 days a week for 2 months, you would feel so much better that you would never stop. Honestly!!!

It makes such a difference.

Y'all are so funny! I used to poop 3-4 times a day, but only small amounts. Found out that I have IBS with constipation, which I thought was crazy since I poop so much. My gastro doc explained to me that I was clogged up even though I went so much. I've upped my fiber intake and was given a pill to take twice a day with meals. Let's just say that I'm not longer constipated. ;)

If any of you have BBC America or can get BBC channels, watch "You Are What You Eat." Gillian McKeith actually examines the poop to see what your needs are. It is hilarious, but disgusting at the same time. Sort of like this post. LOL

If any of you have BBC America or can get BBC channels, watch "You Are What You Eat." Gillian McKeith actually examines the poop to see what your needs are. It is hilarious, but disgusting at the same time. Sort of like this post. LOL

I LOVE that show! I am addicted to it! She has some great advice and tips.

I don't get it...I eat steel cut oats every morning , mostly fruits/vegetables and fish, and bread on occassion (not a big bread fan). I eat corn and rice and black coffee, all things that make you poop. I drink 8-12 glasses of water a day. I only pooped once this week but it was a power dump. Maybe something is wrong?

We have threads about eating, exercise and even poo! What a great place this is!

Me I am irregular! at one point I upped my fiber content writing down everything. Drank lots of water. DH thought I should explode. Nope, still once a week. I gave up. I tried the acitivia yogurt. Nothing.

When I started running that seemed to help. It was almost daily for a few weeks. Then it ended. Not the running, just the poo.

Just had my weekly!! Feeling great and waiting for next week!

Actually I am thinking of trying to up the fiber again. I'm thinking metamucil. Anyone have any luck with it? I feel fine, don't feel bloated or uncomfortable. Maybe some of us just aren't meant to be poopers.

But as serious as this is it has been a good laugh for me today!

kelly

My daughter and I are the same, once a week. She works out at the gym daily although could probably add more fibre to her diet. I on the other hand eat oatmeal, fruit, etc. but do not work out "every" day. Even when she was on the "special" diet for body building, no change.

Adding more booze to ones system seams to help but I don't think that's the route I want to take.

How come the boys in our household go everyday, sometimes twice and they don't eat as healthy as us girls. It's become a joke in our household as to how "regular" the guys are and how "unregular" us girls are. No wonder we get cranky!

I think "poo" is the action. POOP is the correct word for the thing that floats in the toilet.

I have eaten oatmeal daily, a salad daily, and adquate water for a week. I only pooped once , on Tuesday, and today is Friday. I don't feel bloated or anything. I don't get it.

You mean you don't normally start your day with poo talk? I thought everyone did. ;)

I think "poo" is the action. POOP is the correct word for the thing that floats in the toilet.

I have eaten oatmeal daily, a salad daily, and adquate water for a week. I only pooped once , on Tuesday, and today is Friday. I don't feel bloated or anything. I don't get it.

laughingsmiley.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What do you get when you take a "juvenile" mother who homeschooled a brood and spent too much time in English grammar books?

Simple verb tense--poop

Present progressive--am/is pooping

Perfect tense--have/has pooped

Perfect progressive tense--have/has been pooping

Past tense--pooped

Past progressive tense--was/were pooping

Past perfect tense--had pooped

Past perfect progressive tense--had been pooping

Future tense--will/shall poop

Future progressive tense--will be pooping (Gathina?:D )

Future perfect tense--will have pooped

Future perfect progressive tense--will have been pooping

So in the future, let's get this right because I hate grammatical errors on forums.;)

Archived