HAL to visit Fanning Island

cirquskid

I just read where HAL is scheduling a 30 day San Francisco, South Pacific, San Diego Cruise for January 21, 2010 with stops in Fanning and Christmas Island on the MS Zaandam.:D Yea! DW and I are looking forward to celebrating our 25th anniversary on her. You can see a Initial itinerary by typing "Fanning Island HAL" in your search engine.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Christmas Island in June, 2007 aboard the Tahitian Princess on a cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii. We thought that Christmas Island was a very special and remote place. We took a sightseeing tour on a large pickup truck with seating in the back (called "Le Truck" in French Polynesia), and saw about half of the island. We stopped at the only resort on the island, the Captain Cook, where we spent some time on the shell-covered beach. The island was rustic but idyllic, with simple huts under coconut palms. The children were in classrooms and playing on school playgrounds. The adults were going about their daily business. What impressed us most was how genuinely happy everyone was. We could see close community ties on this isolated island.

We are sure that Fanning Island is very similar, since these 2 islands are close together. These islands are also famous for their large colonies of many different seabirds. We look forward to our next opportunity to visit these islands. Enjoy!

DavidnSteph

• 2 weeks later...
I just read where HAL is scheduling a 30 day San Francisco, South Pacific, San Diego Cruise for January 21, 2010 with stops in Fanning and Christmas Island on the MS Zaandam.:D Yea! DW and I are looking forward to celebrating our 25th anniversary on her. You can see a Initial itinerary by typing "Fanning Island HAL" in your search engine.:cool:

Ahoy!

We booked the cruise a couple of weeks ago. I'm ready NOW!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob

Archived