Personal Consultant

Bramcruiser

Has anyone ever received an email or phone call from a Personal Consultant at HAL? I got home tonight and found an email with a Word attachment that, unfortunately, I haven't been able to open. Later, my significant other, told me that this same individual had called earlier in the day and left a message. Its late now so I'll probably call tomorrow from work. But I'm just curious if anyone knew anything about these Personal Consultants contacting people?

David

I received an e-mail from a HAL presonal cruise consultant recently. I don't have a clue what prompted it, though. In the past I have worked with a particular PCC, and now wonder if he's left and his accounts have been turned over to someone else?

As I've recently found a TA I'm thrilled with I think I'll just stay with her. I deleted the e-mail.

Has anyone ever received an email or phone call from a Personal Consultant at HAL? I got home tonight and found an email with a Word attachment that, unfortunately, I haven't been able to open. Later, my significant other, told me that this same individual had called earlier in the day and left a message. Its late now so I'll probably call tomorrow from work. But I'm just curious if anyone knew anything about these Personal Consultants contacting people?

David

I work with one of HAL's Personal Cruise Consultants. They are for those who want to book direct with HAL and not go through an outside travel agent.

Thanks Ruth and Jade13. I think I'll ignore the phone call and email then.

I think i might know what has happened. Recently I signed up for a HAL contest thru CC and one of the questions at the end was whether or not we had a travel agent. Well, I hate that question to begin with because, although I did use an online agency for booking my next HAL cruise in 2009, I really don't consider myself loyal to any one agency and thus answered No. I figure that question was really for people who stick to one travel consultant for all their needs. I bet you anything HAL picked up on that and one of their consultants was assigned to my file. If the call and email is nothing more than a sales pitch I really don't need to go through all that.

David

I think i might know what has happened. Recently I signed up for a HAL contest thru CC and one of the questions at the end was whether or not we had a travel agent. Well, I hate that question to begin with because, although I did use an online agency for booking my next HAL cruise in 2009, I really don't consider myself loyal to any one agency and thus answered No. I figure that question was really for people who stick to one travel consultant for all their needs. I bet you anything HAL picked up on that and one of their consultants was assigned to my file. If the call and email is nothing more than a sales pitch I really don't need to go through all that.

David

I did not know how to answer that question either as this year I had one cruise booked through an outside (on-line) agency and another with HAL's PCC.

David

David,

When my partner and I were looking at HAL for a cruise I signed up on the HAL web site and requested a catalog. When I got the catalog it came with a letter from a cruise consultant with her business card and just saying if we had any questions give her a call. She did send an eamil stating the same thing. I did give her a call and was very surprised in a good way as no sales pitch. She has been very helpful and we are delighted in her help in booking our first HAL cruise in November. I think when you signed up for the cruise you may have been assigned a cruise consultant as we were. Just wanted to let you know that at no times were there a sales pitch. She has been great. Hope this helps. When we have questions and we email her and set up a time to talk. She always calls on time. That has been our very pleasant experience with the HAL cruise consultant.

Dan and Miguel

I work with one of HAL's Personal Cruise Consultants. They are for those who want to book direct with HAL and not go through an outside travel agent.

Hi- Are there advantages in booking with a PCC versus an outside travel agent? If yes what are they?

Thanks

Hi- Are there advantages in booking with a PCC versus an outside travel agent? If yes what are they?

Thanks

Remember that the PCC group within HAL is a different set of people from the general call in reservations people. The PCC group is more like a HAL Cruise only TA within HAL. You talk to the same person each time, or a designated co-worker in case of illness or vacation, who is familiar with your preferences. I don't know if there are any real perks, other than the fact that my PCC is more familiar with HAL than the several TA's I talked to. I know that my PCC has taken several HAL Cruises and is about to take another one. To close, I guess that this is someone I feel comfortable with, and that is the main reason for keeping my bookings there.

Rich

We have had the same PCC for over six years. He is wonderful and important to our cruise experience.

We get very personalized service, when/if the price drops prior to final payment we are advised and charged accordingly, we get perks such as PG dinners, champagne in the room, flowers and other nice things.

He calls to see if we have everything we need, he calls when we return to make certain we received everything we expected and were satisfied.

I as I tell him time and time again " He's the best"

Remember that the PCC group within HAL is a different set of people from the general call in reservations people. The PCC group is more like a HAL Cruise only TA within HAL. You talk to the same person each time, or a designated co-worker in case of illness or vacation, who is familiar with your preferences. I don't know if there are any real perks, other than the fact that my PCC is more familiar with HAL than the several TA's I talked to. I know that my PCC has taken several HAL Cruises and is about to take another one. To close, I guess that this is someone I feel comfortable with, and that is the main reason for keeping my bookings there.

Rich

It sounds like a win win. I booked 4 cruises online with an internet site but don't really have any loyalty towards them. (they really didn't do anything other than take payment)

Do they ever tip you off to deals that are hard to refuse?

Thanks for the info

pipedreams62

Archived