Lufthansa update

steamboats

Here´s a short update for all who are flying with Lufthansa throughout the next few days (maybe weeks??):

Although the strike of the cabin crew, check-in crew and mechanics is over there are still cancellations due to a "jam" in the maintenance of the planes. This also affects some transatlantic flights. As an example out of Munich the flight to Washington, D.C., is cancelled until Aug 11. But this should be solved by the end of next week.

That´s for the good news. So here are the bad ones:

Now the pilots´ union is going on strike. Currently we have a 36 h strike of the pilots of Cityline (a subcompany of Lufthansa) with lots of cancellations. Cityline is mainly flying within Germany and Europe. Although you may have booked an LH flight the carrier might be Cityline for a connection (you can see it in the code on your docs, there must be a "CL" somewhere).

Announced are strikes of the Lufthansa pilots too. But so far there is no information about when and how long.

Lufthansa is trying to rebook passengers on other flights or for shorter distances on trains.

steamboats

Thanks for the update, steamboats.

We are watching and waiting, as we fly out of Frankfurt into Budapest 3 weeks from tomorrow and then out of Prague back into Frankfurt mid-September, using Lufthansa for both flights. Hoping the strike will be a non-issue by then.

Thanks for the info, Steamboats. We fly Sept 1st.on Lufthansa from Chicago to Brussels via Frankfurt. Hopefully all will be ok by then.

BTW are you flying Lufthansa on you August 30 flight to the US?

Larry

BTW are you flying Lufthansa on you August 30 flight to the US?

Yes and no. Yes, we´re flying Lufthansa. The no is because we´re flying Sunday in a week (Aug 17). Flying on milage we don´t have a direct routing but have to fly to Duesseldorf and then Chicago. I got a little shock yesterday seeing that the Chicago flight which is scheduled for 11:40 am was "expected" for 3 pm :eek:!! But today the flight was in time.

The pilot strike ended today at noon. So far no more strikes are announced. If we´re lucky they come to an agreement over the weekend.

BTW the Munich - Washington and the Frankfurt - LA flights are still cancelled (now until Aug 12) due to maintenace delays.

steamboats

Yes, we´re flying Lufthansa. The no is because we´re flying Sunday in a week (Aug 17).

steamboats

Steamboats, if you are going to be in Chicago for a few days, my wife and I would love to meet you and yours. If you would like we could meet somewhere for dinner. You can email me at papabauer@yahoo.com

Larry

Very good to hear that this latest strike has been settled. Thanks, again, steamboats.

For those of us flying Lufthansa in the near future, let's breathe a collective sigh of relief and hope that there are no more strikes to contend with.

Larry,

Thanks a lot! But this year Chicago is just a stop over (in both directions). Our final destination is St. Louis. DH was in Chicago recently for a business trip. I´ve been to Chicago a couple of times (not only for stopping over:D). An we´ve always enjoyed our visits.

Unfortunately the strike situation is not over although as for today no further strikes are announced.

steamboats

Yikes! Steamboat--I am just seeing this for the first time--we are on Lufthansa for our entire trip from Charlotte to Munich and back (Budapest and Prague shorter flights continuation), scheduled to go the beginning of September. Thank you for the info--and we would appreciate any special additions you may have.

Robyn France,

As I am leaving for the US next Sunday and not returning until Sep 8 I won´t be able to give any updates. I will be online throughout our trip but I won´t check in here (for the last week of our trip we´re only have a veeeeery slow connection).

The best way to get information is the Lufthansa website

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/homepage?l=en&cid=1000390

In the center to the end of the website you find "current travel information". It´s now up to August 14 and the Munich - Washington and the Frankfurt - Los Angeles flights are still cancelled.

We´ve used that flight to Charlotte last year (to get to Pittsburgh).

steamboats

Thanks Steamboats--this is quite distressing--hope it evens out quickly and doesn't impact Charlotte--or anyone else headed out for an early Sept. cruise. Your info is really helpful--we hadn't heard a word about it.

Take care and have a wonderful trip.:cool:

Archived