GCT Apr Is flight from L.A. direct or stop in NY?

7SeasLover

We are booked on GCT 4/18/09 (Ancient Egypt). I am going to let GCT handle our air (I usually book my own). Does anyone know if the flight from Los Angeles will go to NY and then we change planes? I am assuming that it does.

We are traveling with another couple in NY. We're hoping to get seated together from NY to Cairo.

This is our first riverboat cruise. I'm rather excited about it as well as the destination!

If anyone knows what the flight is like from NY to Cairo, I'd appreciate any tips.

We are booked on GCT 4/18/09 (Ancient Egypt). I am going to let GCT handle our air (I usually book my own). Does anyone know if the flight from Los Angeles will go to NY and then we change planes? I am assuming that it does.

We are traveling with another couple in NY. We're hoping to get seated together from NY to Cairo.

This is our first riverboat cruise. I'm rather excited about it as well as the destination!

If anyone knows what the flight is like from NY to Cairo, I'd appreciate any tips.

Delta and Egypt air have no stops to Cairo from NY(JFK only I believe)...I am 99% certain there is no non stop from LA. The chances are you will have to change planes and most cruise arrangements will require another stop in Europe and an additional plane change.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/bonsaiproxy/split-page-frameset;jsessionid=852CD5F01F1D4577D05560CD6DFF19FE?V=M27821508048827066175&AAC=2008-08-08-09&Z=1&TBC=0

here is the itasoftware listings of flights....Many one stops through Europe....the Delta flight from LAX to NY to CAI shows on the same plane...

We took the same trip but from Chicago. We had to fly to JFK and then had an Egypt Air flight directly to Cairo. Hope that gives you a little more info. Have you called GCT to ask them?

Larry

seat assignments. When you find out the flights you are on you can call Egypt air USA and have them assign seats for you and your friends. If they can't do that I got all my seat assignments including the intra Egypt flights by emailing the Egypt air customer service department in Egypt, The address is on Egypt Air main website.

http://www.egyptair.com.eg/

Thanks for the info! I read somewhere that the seat config is 3-4-2. That being the case, I'd like to get into a 2-seat row.

I'll save that link and try to arrange my seats - assuming we're flying Egyptair.

ginny

• 3 weeks later...
You can find the different airline seat configurations and planes they use at:

www.seatguru.com

Select the airline and it provides a lot of useful seating info by planes in the particular airline fleet.

Yep, I've been using Seat Guru for a long time. I just don't know if GCT will use Delta or Egyptair. I usually book flights immediately (on my own) just for peace of mind. I hate having to wait until just before we leave to find out about my air. Oh well.

Has anyone upgraded to Business Class through GCT? If so, what's the difference in cost? GCT claims to get lower business class seats due to bulk ordering. I've sent an inquiry to GCT, but don't know if they'll respond.

I'm just thrilled to be going on my first riverboat cruise and to Egypt! :p

Archived