Just got an e-mail from Meyer Ship Yards Re: Solstice

RCCLCARIB

Just received an e-mail from Meyer Ship Yards in Papenburg, Germany, and it Looks like weather conditions will be perfect for tomorrow's float out at 7:00 am of the Celebrity Solstice.

Broadcasting on this site, http://www.meyerwerft.de/index_e.html , will show the Solstice Float Out around 1:00 am EST.

Photos of the float out can also be found at http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1498 throughout the evening as the float out progresses.

Thanks for the great news. I will be staying up to watch. DH and I were some of the lucky people invited to Miami for their Solstice Presentation and so as a continuation of the journey until we sail her on 12/7 this is just one more fun thing to do. Waiting now for the date and time for her first arrival at Port Everglades with hopes to be at the channel to watch her sail in. :)

Logged onto the Web ealier and just got very dark/fuzzy stuff. Now it's morning there and I can make out the area and a crane. Think I'll stick around a watch for a while. Won't be on the Solistice until Nov 09 - kind of wish we had signed up for an earlier cruise, but we'll be aboard soon enough.

We'd sailed on the Mercury three weeks after her Inaugural in Nov 1997, but we weren't really aware of that and never really followed a ship's build schedule as we have the Solstice.

Denny

Hi Everyone !

I'm staying up too. This may be our last glimpse of Solstice until the Inaugural, unless there is another cam set up elsewhere. If anyone knows of other cams, please let us know.

Wouldnt it be great if Celebrity showed us some of the interior work in progress ?

Hi Andy! Bob and I are up too and impatiently waiting for our first view. I wish the webcam was a bit larger for these old eyes.:D

Garry

Hi Garry & Bob !

How are you ? I hope all is well. Looks like we will be missing each other by a couple of weeks on Solstice, and we will be on the first Equinox Caribbean sailing. Hopefully, we will meet again soon !

The link to the Photo's shows ship afloat (I think) and the doors open to the out side,,

I think you're right - if you look a couple of photos down where there is still work going on, the doors look closed. Also, it looks like there might be water when you compare what can be seen between the two photos.

Good morning (evening?) all,

To get a bigger pic there is a zoom feature on the lower right of the internet explorer screen. Click the 100% and select a higher number. 200% looks great on my screen.

It's like watching grass grow! ;)

Enoy.

Archived