How far from cruise dock to town?

39august

Is it a comfortable walking distance from the pier to downtown Willamstad? Like how many minutes? Also, are there taxis that will just take you to the heart of town? I wanted to do a tour, but so many private and ship tours end up at the beach for snorkeling, and we've kind of been there done that, or they make stops I am not interested in. I am mainly interested in Willamstad. I wonder if anyone has hired a taxi tour of Willamstad? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi- There is a short walk, over the Pontoon Bridge, from the interior harbor pier and a longer walk from the mega pier. (It took us about 15 minutes on the longer walk.) Willemstad is a walking city-there are many sites right in town plus, of course, many shops and restaurants.

You can see Fort Amsterdam, the Floating Market, and the old synagogue in town by walking or you can take the trolley tour. (That tour may be offered by your ship.)

Enjoy Willemstad, it is a beautiful little city.

There are plenty of taxis available if you don't want to walk- the taxi tours can be expensive.

Archived