Conquest Late?

WildWillie

We are going on the Conquest next week. The documents I received with a schedule said that we arrived back in Galveston at 8:00am. So, isn't she on time? Or is 8:00 when people start getting off?

As others have said, she's usually tied up at 6:30am. I'm fairly sure that's the time when you can start dis-embarking the ship.

The Galeston port cams are malfunctioning this morning. The ship is not shown on the webcam. I assure you, she is here. I am in Galveston and I can see her from my window. She is u-turning again; something must be mechanically wrong to have missed the pier the first time.

The Galeston port cams are malfunctioning this morning. The ship is not shown on the webcam. I assure you, she is here. I am in Galveston and I can see her from my window. She is u-turning again; something must be mechanically wrong to have missed the pier the first time.

That's her normal method of docking. Down the channel, do a 180 in the "turning basin", and then edge towards the pier. I'm sure many of us watch the 180 dance every Sunday. That way, she's ready to go full steam ahead with another load of happy cruisers about 4pm or so.

it was reported last night that she was having some propulsion issues and woudl be a couple hours late. Should be any time now.

Another reason why you should never book an early flight at the end of the cruise, huh???:)

As others have said, she's usually tied up at 6:30am. I'm fairly sure that's the time when you can start dis-embarking the ship.

there is a certain amount of things that have to happen in between docking and debarking, So it's take about 45-60 minutes. Maybe can be sped up in this instance, but with homeland security and all that there are procedures and such. Hopefully this isn't a crew rotation or the happy cruisers are all screwed.

Archived