laudromats on Independence of the seas?

TATOMMY

We will be on Freedom this summer-usually do laundry while on a trip, but will plan accordingly. If we need to do laundry (we have a toddler and hope we don't go though too many outfits, but you never know!), is there an option on the bag to wash in cold? As a previous poster also said, we don't wash in hot and I am now curious.

[quote name='bayportkat']We will be on Freedom this summer-usually do laundry while on a trip, but will plan accordingly. If we need to do laundry (we have a toddler and hope we don't go though too many outfits, but you never know!), is there an option on the bag to wash in cold? As a previous poster also said, we don't wash in hot and I am now curious.[/QUOTE]

Not sure whether or not they wash in hot water or cold but there is no "option" whereby you can select "cold". You might want to inquire or someone on this board may have more specific information.

[quote name='JPEvans']That's the one thing that miffs me about Royal Caribbean ships. Not being able to do laundry. All the ships I've sailed on Carnival, Cunard, Princess and NCL have laundry facilities on board. This day in age, when the airlines are charging for everything. We can't just pack 2 or 3 weeks of clothing. When I took Carnival to Europe last year. I packed one suitcase and one carry on. Since I knew I would have to carry them all around Rome with me. I did Laundry as soon as I got on the ship. It made traveling much easier. Especially since I was in Rome 4 days before the cruise even started. The real reason RCCL and Celebrity doesn't have any laundry facilities are money. They want to make you spend the money are their laundry services, that's the bottom line.[/QUOTE]

NCL no longer has laundromats either. However, as a platinum lattitudes member, I get free laundry service on their bag-special day.

DH and I recently sailed on the Explorer and used their bag special for $30.00. We were pleased with the service. If the clothes are rolled up small, you can fit many items into the bag. The laundry was returned to us within 2 days, nicely washed and folded. They weren't ironed, but nothing was wrinkled.

[quote name='JPEvans']They want to make you spend the money are their laundry services, that's the bottom line.[/quote]

Well, sure it is. Does anyone really think otherwise? :confused: Some cruise lines charge to deliver pizza to you. Some cruise lines charge you to hang out in the adults only area. Some cruise lines charge you for priority boarding privileges. RCI charges for laundry. One way or another, a business is going to make money.

[quote name='negc']Unfortunately, then, you may have to eliminate RCI and its sister line, Celebrity from your list of possible cruise experiences. What is essential and "soothing" to you apparently isn't the same to enough others that RCI is about to change its policies regarding self-serve laundries. While you may enjoy standing guard over your laundry on a cruise vacation, others don't feel the same way and find that there are many other ways to spend their vacation time. Overall we find that the laundry service on RCI ships meets our needs and produces more than satisfactory results. Only you can decide whether this deficiency on their part is sufficient to remove them from your consideration.[/QUOTE]RCI and Celebrity are out, but Azamara does have launderettes. Go figure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

To those who complain about the cost of the laundry service on Royal: are the laundromats on other lines free? If not, do you run your seapass or do you have to get quarters to do your own?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

[quote name='SamFritz']To those who complain about the cost of the laundry service on Royal: are the laundromats on other lines free? If not, do you run your seapass or do you have to get quarters to do your own?
[/quote]

Hi Sam! :)

The irons were free, but the washers/dryers cost $$$. I don't remember the exact cost, but on Ruby Princess, it was something like $2 to run a load. The machines took quarters only.

• 3 months later...