Any Advice on Windstar's Sea/Air packages?

screen-gem

We're looking at a Windstar Costa Rica cruise next spring. (We took the Athens-Istanbul trip last summer and loved every minute of it). I'm now shopping for air, and looked at what Windstar has to offer. Their price is better than that quoted by Air Canada (we're in Canada), especially if we take the Windstar hotels as part of a package. However, they provide no details on the air carriers or routing.

I'd rather not make a several-stop journey through O'Hare, Newark, Houston, LAX, etc etc. Every connection increases the probablity of lost luggage:mad:. Air Canada has a direct Toronto to San Jose/CR flight, but I have no idea if AC is one of the carriers that Windstar might use.

Does anyone have any experience with their Sea/Air bundle? What airlines do they prefer to use (if any)? What about the hotels, local transfers, etc. that they'll arrange? Do they schedule inbound travel a day early so as to ensure that one gets to Puerto Caldera by the 6pm sailing?

Any feedback gratefully received.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter what anyone's past experience has been with air travel booked through Windstar, as this is no guarantee as to what you will get.

I highly advise that you post your question, in regard to booking air travel through a cruise line, on the cruise air forum on this site. You will get a lot of valuable information there.

Needless to say, other travelers' past experience is no guarantee. All of the postings and discussion on these boards is to help us make informed decisions and manage the risk. One person may have a wonderful cruise on ship XX that went to YY, but that won't ensure the next passenger on the same ship will enjoy the same experience. Still past feedback is useful in discerning trends, and knowing what to watch for.

Thanks for tip about the cruise air forum. I'll take a look there too.

Archived