Price Reduction After Final Pmt ???

aarinsmama

I've read that those who receive a price reduction after their final payment is made get that difference back in OBC. I made final payment last week and now notice a drop in my cruise price. HOWEVER, if they reassess my fuel supplement it's really not going to save me anything. I am wondering, and depending upon all the knowledgable people here at CC, if they will assess the new fuel charge since it would be only for an OBC. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Yes, they will adjust the fuel charge also. I have actually gotten THREE adjustments and turned one down. One price drop was a wash because it would have eaten up any credit I would have gotten. I waited until the drop was signigicant enough that I was ok with the increase in fuel charge.

Basically, they cannot add or increase your fuel charge from whatever it was WHEN YOU BOOKED. But, any changes in your booking, you are aware of the fuel charge, so they can legally add it.

Keep your eyes open......it can be very well worth it. We have an OBC of over $700 on our upcoming cruise! :D I just grinned and said....."Oh, just go ahead and add that additional fuel charge" I want my OBC!

Hi! This happened to me just last week. If you want to take the obc they will adjust your fuel charges. However, my TA told me Carnival offered me an upgrade instead of the obc to avoid the increase in fuel charges. Happy cruising!

I've read that those who receive a price reduction after their final payment is made get that difference back in OBC. I made final payment last week and now notice a drop in my cruise price. HOWEVER, if they reassess my fuel supplement it's really not going to save me anything. I am wondering, and depending upon all the knowledgable people here at CC, if they will assess the new fuel charge since it would be only for an OBC. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

All I can tell you is that mine was readjusted. It was no big deal because it was a huge price drop and we still ended up with $250 OBC for our 2 person cabin, but if it was only a few dollars I would not take the time to fool with it.

Archived