Flowrider/age question

Okay, we will be on the Liberty in December. I have three sons and a son-in-law ranging in age from 17-27.

I will be a month away from 45 yrs. old at the time of the cruise. We've been talking a lot about the flowrider (mostly me telling them that they have to try it) I'm in okay shape for my age and I'm actually thinking about trying it myself. I'm curious though. How many 'more mature' individuals have tried the Flowrider? How old and how did you do?

My hubby tried it, not the stand up surf style, but the boogie board, and he did ok! He stayed on for about 30 seconds.........he was 41 at the time.

Our friend did it last year, he was 50, so go have fun!!:D

My hubby tried it, not the stand up surf style, but the boogie board, and he did ok! He stayed on for about 30 seconds.........he was 41 at the time.

Our friend did it last year, he was 50, so go have fun!!:D

Thanks, I think it will be fun. Did your friend have any prior surfing experience that you know of?

Okay, we will be on the Liberty in December. I have three sons and a son-in-law ranging in age from 17-27.

I will be a month away from 45 yrs. old at the time of the cruise. We've been talking a lot about the flowrider (mostly me telling them that they have to try it) I'm in okay shape for my age and I'm actually thinking about trying it myself. I'm curious though. How many 'more mature' individuals have tried the Flowrider? How old and how did you do?

We were on the FOS in July and saw several gentleman in their 40's and 50's and one gentleman who was 75 years old get on the flow rider. They all did great boogie boarding. We didn't see any surfers. I say go for it...my husband chickened out this time but says that he will do it next time.

You'll be fine at a young 45, especially if you are in shape. I saw 50 year olds out there, people who weren't in shape, and everything in between. You'll have a blast!

Just remember, the surfing is harder than the body boarding, but both are fun. I guarantee you'll be glad you did, and will get back in line to do it again! :)

Now go watch some YouTube videos and get yourself pumped up.

Thanks, I think it will be fun. Did your friend have any prior surfing experience that you know of?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll let you know that I hadn't done either prior to me getting on the FlowRider. The first body board experience, I just moved around from side to side and stuff. I then asked the attendants how to do some tricks and got back in line after they told me how to do a few of them. A few minutes later, I was doing Supermans, barrel rolls, lifts, push-ups, etc. I didn't try the on-the-water flip and I want to do that next time. I did jump at the beginning and did a barrel roll in the air and then stick the landing, but that was my own trick.

Oh, I forgot to try the 360!!! Oh, now I know I'm going back!

My surfing skills need more work though. I only tried it once (ran out of time) and it turns out ExoticGirl can surf better than I can. I never heard the end of it. :p Oh, well...at least I can still dunk on her at will.

Trust me, you'll do just fine. Have a blast man!

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll let you know that I hadn't done either prior to me getting on the FlowRider. The first body board experience, I just moved around from side to side and stuff. I then asked the attendants how to do some tricks and got back in line after they told me how to do a few of them. A few minutes later, I was doing Supermans, barrel rolls, lifts, push-ups, etc. I didn't try the on-the-water flip and I want to do that next time. I did jump at the beginning and did a barrel roll in the air and then stick the landing, but that was my own trick.

Oh, I forgot to try the 360!!! Oh, now I know I'm going back!

My surfing skills need more work though. I only tried it once (ran out of time) and it turns out ExoticGirl can surf better than I can. I never heard the end of it. :p Oh, well...at least I can still dunk on her at will.

Trust me, you'll do just fine. Have a blast man!

Thanks, you have me really look forward to it now! :)

Archived