Boarding in Barcelona ?

Bruce62

I am on the Gem in October, sailing from Barcelona.

When should I receive details of where and when to board etc?

(I have booked independently, and have arranged my own flights the day before)

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce -

I don't know when you'll get your docs, but they should arrive in plenty of time. We will take the Gem back to NYC November 16. If we don't have our docs two weeks prior to departure, I will nudge NCL.

The port is roughly half-way between the airport and the city. The cabbies will most likely know where the different ships are.

When we boarded the Jewel in Barcelona, the cab driver identified it as the one with the art on the hull! We had no problem getting from the city to the port. It is actually quite close. We checked out of the hotel, dropped everything at the port, checked in, and then took a cab back to town for a few more hours of sight seeing. When we arrived back that afternoon, we walked right on board and our luggage was already in the room. It was all easy easy easy....

When we boarded the Jewel in Barcelona, the cab driver identified it as the one with the art on the hull! We had no problem getting from the city to the port. It is actually quite close. We checked out of the hotel, dropped everything at the port, checked in, and then took a cab back to town for a few more hours of sight seeing. When we arrived back that afternoon, we walked right on board and our luggage was already in the room. It was all easy easy easy....

Great idea!! Our ship JADE sails at 7pm and we gotta be out of hotel by noon!

When we got in the cab from our hotel, the port's name is on the edocs you will get online. I pointed to the port's name and the cabbie said I know where that is in broken English. My DW who knew Spanish told him which ship it was when we got into the port area.

Our Gem cruise was docked at Moll d'Adossat .

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/25/606/barcelona_port,0.pdf

Archived