Monarch - Please advise with SO or OV cabin

Peggy5

Hi everyone, I posted this in the other section but thought maybe able to get more help here. we're first time cruisers, 2 adults & our 2 year old. Our 2 year old will not sleep in a pack & play & will obviously squeeze in with us in the queen bed :rolleyes: Hubby thinks it'll be too tight for all 3 to do that, wants me to downgrade from Superior oceanview to regular oceanview to have the 1 berth bed. Cabins on Monarch are tiny - its got me worried going from 157 to 122 sq ft :( I was thinking I'd rather prefer to keep the SO room & just put a comforter on the floor & sleep there rather :confused: than to switch to the regular oceanview room with the 1 berth bed.

Any suggestions? We don't want to upgrade to junior suite, thats just too $. Maybe the hubby is right about the regular oceanview with the berth bed & I'm not thinking straight, please advise.

Thank you :D

Peggy

Oh geez, yeah those OV cabins on Monarch are tiny (I had 2 on Sovereign so I know what ya mean) :(

So RCCL is allowing you to book the 2 year old in a cabin that holds 2? Is that what you are saying? You know there are SOV that holds 4 right? Cause I had one reserved for Soveriegn before I switched the cruise to the Disney Wonder.

Honestly, I couldn't figure out a way to make it work, so I switched the entire cruise. So I guess I am not the right one to answer.

I would take the largest cabin I could afford. On the older RCI ships, the cabins are some of the smallest going! We had a Superior OV once, and both of us couldn't stand and dress at the same time. One had to sit on the bed until the other was completely ready. Never again! I can't imagine having a baby and 2 adults in anything smaller than that!

Put the child on the floor--once you are in bed, there will be a small space for the baby in a Sup. OV!

Yeah RCCL is allowing baby in SOV but technically its for 2 people. None of the SOV rooms have berth beds on Monarch?? I thought that was strange cuz' I noticed on Majesty they allow you to book more than 2 on the SOV room so I'm assuming they have a berth on Majesty? I thought they were sister ships so layout was similar but maybe not. Unfortunately we can't change dates or ship cuz' we're combining trip to Disneyworld - at least after the cruise, we'll get some space to move about at the larger than 157 sq ft hotel room at disney :D

Agree 100%!!!!!!! Please get the biggest room you can get on the Monach, Sovereign or Majesty.! Litterally we SQUEEZED into an interior room on the Majesty! (picture this, 4 of us, me, dh, 14 yo, 8 yo) DH is over 6' tall! We opened the door and we walked into a bed with 2 pullmans over our head! Every time one of us wanted to change (our minds included) we had to step out into the hallway! Not the walking hallway, but the small alcove in front of our interior and the interior next to us!

Although, we laugh about this all of the time, so it was not toooooooo bad but it was only for 3 days!!!!!!!! I have always opted for a larger room! Just for sanity!!!!!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived