NCL Dream-Feb. 2005 pre-hotel??

Dirtyoldad

Your cheapest option would be an airport hotel, but this won't afford much if any FQ touring?? Are you considering that? If so, the stay there. Location is everything in NO and frankly you need to overlook prices sometimes. Look at the FQ and CBD, but don't consider anything above Rampart. Check out several booking sites and see what comes up. Cab from the airport is $28+++ fixed.

What date in February is your cruise? Mardi Gras is Feb. 8 next year, so the week before will be 'no vacancy' throughout the city. You could, however, probably find one of the chain motels in Kenner or Metairie. Hopefully, your cruise date is after Mardi Gras...?

We are also planning a pre-cruise hotel stay for our March cruise on the Dream. I had originally booked the Embassy Suites in the Arts and Waterfront district, but after reading some poor reviews of the hotel switched to the Hampton Inn Garden District. Does anyone have opinions on that hotel? Would that be in a good area to stay? Thanks in advance.

We are sailing that date as well and have booked the Bourbon St Inn Found it on the internet It is central downtown and looks good We are staying after the cruise Internet special room and wine and balcony and breakfast 2 nights 400 I think but the location is wonderful

I checked reviews online from TripAdvisor.com There were complaints that the hotel was dirty and that they could hear car alarms going off through the night.

When are you staying there? Could you let me know how the hotel was? We usually love Embassy Suites.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be on the DREAM 2/13/05..

Staying at Omni Crescent...got a room for $134.

Looks like a beautiful place!

Golden Princess 2003

Ocean Princess 2001

E

nchantment of the Seas 2000

Which hotel is the closest to the pier. Dream on 12/12/2004 Irishjohn

Well, guess we'll see! We're staying at the Embassy Suites because of a positive review on epinions.com! When you have a family of five, we just love having a big suite syle hotel room instead of squishing into a small room. Our kids aren't little ones that can be tucked away. Good luck everyone.

Archived