All Things Fascination

Quincella

yes actually 2

the first one in sept/oct this year on the fantasy out of new orleans and then this one on the fascination in feb 2010

wooooHHOOOO

I've never done one but am tempted to... we usually do 4-5 night cruises and have thought of doing the 3/4 B2B cruise... best of both worlds as you get 2 sets of people to p#ss off (lol) and everyone on board already knows you... so you get served better and faster... that is if you tipped well!

hey folks I hate to be a bother. I asked about coolers size yesterday and my better half wanted me to see how many bags we are aloud. Cary on and checked? I cant seem to remember what I we were told and dont want to take to much. lol

Thanks All.

Dave

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Do you have luggage restrictions?

spacer.gifGuests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage. Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take luggage to the vessel for delivery to your stateroom by shipboard personnel. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Please be sure each piece of luggage is locked and has a tag listing your name and stateroom number. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the debarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.

If you are traveling by air, please remember that each airline has its own luggage restrictions on the maximum number, size, and weight of bags allowed per person. You are responsible for contacting you airline to learn about their individual luggage restrictions and policies.

NOTE: There is limited porter service on 2/3-day Cruises-to-Nowhere.

Debarkation Baggage Advice – While onboard, you will be given numbered debarkation tags to place on your luggage. Please fill out the information on the back of the tag, and remember your zone number. when your zone is called, please proceed off the vessel to claim your luggage. It is easy to pick up the wrong bag, so check to make sure your name is on it. If your luggage is left at the pier, it will be forwarded to you at your expense. Claims for lost or damaged luggage must be made in writing with our debarkation personnel before you leave the pier area.

hey folks I hate to be a bother. I asked about coolers size yesterday and my better half wanted me to see how many bags we are aloud. Cary on and checked? I cant seem to remember what I we were told and dont want to take to much. lol

Thanks All.

Dave

Short answer... take as many as you can carry... Reality--- 2 shorts/2 swimsuits/4 tops/1 set dress clothes... leave the rest at home... lol

Hi. Thinking about booking a 5-day out of JAX on Fascination. I have two questions. First, it shows arrival in Nassau at noon. I understand that the water park at Atlantis closes around 5:00 p.m. Can anyone give me an estimate of a realistic time frame for disembarking at Nassau and getting to the water park?

Second, we're looking at cat 12 and there seem to be several choices. Anyone have a port/starboard preference? Also, I see that the foward and aft-most cabins are near the elevators or stairs. Any noise problems in these cabins? I guess any recommendations anyone can make for specific cat 12 would be great. Thanks.

Hi. Thinking about booking a 5-day out of JAX on Fascination. I have two questions. First, it shows arrival in Nassau at noon. I understand that the water park at Atlantis closes around 5:00 p.m. Can anyone give me an estimate of a realistic time frame for disembarking at Nassau and getting to the water park?

Second, we're looking at cat 12 and there seem to be several choices. Anyone have a port/starboard preference? Also, I see that the foward and aft-most cabins are near the elevators or stairs. Any noise problems in these cabins? I guess any recommendations anyone can make for specific cat 12 would be great. Thanks.

Cat12's are on Upper deck... I would go for one of the new SS class with the larger extended balcony... If it is just 2 I would consider a Cat11 because of the location.... very quiet and out of the way, PLUS I like being up higher.

Does the Fascination has a guest laundry? I can't find one one in the ship layout, so I am assuming that there isn't one for the guests.

From Carnival Site:

Self-Service Launderettes:

Each ship has at least 2 self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks.

There are two or three washers and dryers, and one iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $2.00 per washer load and $2.00 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.00 per box.

Note: Due to local environmental requirements, the washing machines in the guest' launderette will be closed in port, per each ports specific requirements; the dryers and irons will be available for guest use.

In Jan. it looked like about 5' - kinda scary... and I'm not driving!

Yep, it looks really close going under some of those bridges.

Several years ago we sailed RT out of SF. Going out was fun, but the return was at high tide. It was very scary when we got close and it looked like we were going to hit the bridge.

Now that I have done it a few time, I know that my perspective is off as to how much space there is between the bridges and the tops of the ships.

Looking forward to sailing out of JAX under their bridge. BTW I was noticing how far up river the port is. So how long does it take to finally sail out to the Atlantic? Do you go across the bar or is there a Jetty type of entrance to Jacksonville Bay?

There's a jetty that goes way out. I didn't time how long it took to get out to open ocean but it felt like 20 to 30 minutes.

From leaving the port (4:30ish) to open water was at least 1 1/2... 6ish. I was taking pics of sundown as we were going by the naval base at the mouth of river. This was Jan.

We just got off the 4/18 Fascination! Wonderful cruise!

I have posted some pictures including our Category 12 cabin U-74, the sushi and the beach cabana's (they are wonderful!)

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/909

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. They were so much fun to look at and makes the anticipation for my upcoming cruises so much more fun. I have been on some of the Fascination's sister ships, but still can't wait to see her. And I'm SOooooo looking forward to HMC. Thanks for the pics of the cabanas. I was thinking of trying to rent one.

What kind of snacks were included? Also, when you say 4 people, does that mean that that is the capacity at one time? Do you have to specify just four people that can use it? We have a group of 14 including children. Myself and a few others would want to stay in the sun but wouldn't mind going up and having a snack with the others. How does this work?

For Snacks, you get what you see in the pictures, a veggie tray, a fruit tray (it was full I took the picture later) a tray of oranges and a 1 pound bag of fritos. In the refrigerator there was salsa, sour cream, blue cheese dip and guacomole. You get 2 soda's per person (they ask you what you want when you book it) They provide "stuff" for up to 4 people. I'm sure that you could get additional food for a charge, I'm not sure what the maximum capacity is. Nobody ever took attendance, I'm sure others could stop by without an issue

They do have a "Grand Cabana" that's designed for larger groups. I don't have the cost but I'm sure it's way more. It has a hot tub, water slides and more

Archived