NCL Gem Aug 08

Jackielan

Hi,

We are travelling on the Gem in a couple of weeks, and I Have a couple of questions regarding the childrens club.

I have noticed that they advertise the childrens activities througout the day, but only for days at sea, port days the activities are only available between 7pm and 10pm.

So, not that I want to offload my 4 year old onto anyone, but in case I dont want too drag her around Rome for 5-10 hours, as Im sure she wont appreciate it as much as me, is there any facility for child care on the boat ?

Also, does the kiddie club do some kind of stage show, singing and dancing for the little ones ?

Sorry to sound so naive, but the past cruises we have done with her, 1st she was too young too leave in the kiddie section (2.5 yrs) and 2nd she refused to stay in there. This year we have opted for a mainly English speaking cruise line and she should fit it better.

Thanks

Hi,

We are travelling on the Gem in a couple of weeks, and I Have a couple of questions regarding the childrens club.

I have noticed that they advertise the childrens activities througout the day, but only for days at sea, port days the activities are only available between 7pm and 10pm.

So, not that I want to offload my 4 year old onto anyone, but in case I dont want too drag her around Rome for 5-10 hours, as Im sure she wont appreciate it as much as me, is there any facility for child care on the boat ?

Also, does the kiddie club do some kind of stage show, singing and dancing for the little ones ?

Sorry to sound so naive, but the past cruises we have done with her, 1st she was too young too leave in the kiddie section (2.5 yrs) and 2nd she refused to stay in there. This year we have opted for a mainly English speaking cruise line and she should fit it better.

Thanks

My understanding is that yes, the kid's club is only open from 7-10 pm on port days. I believe there is some type of group sitting that may be offered on port days, from 9 am to 5 pm, but I don't know what the availability is or what the fee would be.

Hey Jackielan--

We just got off the Gem two weeks ago, and can confirm that there is group childcare during the port days for a fee. You must sign up in advance. It is not the normal Kids CLub activity-based stuff, rather, it is just a group of kids that watch movies, play board games, etc.

Did you see my review? It is quite detailed--and helps detail what to do with kids while in port. It can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=820569

Have fun!!!! We did!

CeleBrat

Wow !!! Im actually speachless, Ive just been onto cruisinmamas webblog and the Gem kiddie itinery is on there, and Ive just gone through it with my little girl, shes already packing her backpack and ready to go ... /sigh only 9 days to go.

Archived