Fans in Cabins

Southernbelle73

LOL at "trying." ;) That implies you still don't quite get it (I didn't either at first). The word "fan" is a homograph -- a word which is spelled the same every time, but has multiple meanings. One of them is a shortened form of "fanatic," and is used in sentences like "He's a Yankees' fan." So folks took the "personal fan" thing with its other meaning and went to town making jokes about you taking along someone who is a "fan" of you. [sorry if that was more detail than you needed/wanted -- it's the educator in me; I thought perhaps you really didn't realize what the other posters meant, and that it was all in good fun]

Well done, Michell! If this doesn't clear up the confusion, I'm afraid nothing will. :D

:o

:) Hopefully my post above helped a bit with that -- I fall into all those categories (well, more silver than blonde these days) plus a few more, so I feel the urge to try to help.

PS, the other jokes about the quality of the air blown by the fan and so forth are kind of a hodgepodge of some common Cruise Critic complaint posts.

Heh! Looks like we typed our posts at the same time. I got the reference about a fanatic, it was the hodgepodge of garycarla's post that sent me in a wha-huh? lol ...... ps: no more explaining of things please, I'm about to pass out from thinking too miuch already :D

:o ... I got the reference about a fanatic, it was the hodgepodge of garycarla's post that sent me in a wha-huh? lol .... :D

If you read the postings here for more than a few weeks, you will find some common issues that come up. The little rant/joke was a combination of those types of issues that seem to reappear every week or so.

Archived