What are you eating?

Odoyal Rulez

the other half of yesterdays omelet (even warmed up it was delicious) coffee, 8 oz oj

2 slices pizza (left over from friday)

banana, 3 kisses

tonight for dinner zuppa tuscana (this is the potatoe soup from the Olive Garden, it is so easy to make) we are having homemade breadsticks with it. I have not made breadsticks in awhile so I am going to eat as many as I want. After dinner will probably have a glass of pinot noir, have to finish it up!

kelly

Yesterday--

Breakfast: 1/2 bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch (The box was almost empty.)

Snack: a peach

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Shrimp Alfredo

Dinner (at a party): 2 crackers with dip, 2 cream cheese-stuffed sweet peppers, a small slice of lemon cake, a cookie

First let me start with yesterday. The soup and breadsticks were delicious! but I only ate 3 breadsticks, I use to eat more than that. I guess this is a good thing!

Today

coffee, yogurt, blueberries, fiber one

a spoonful of peanut butter ( I was hungry but it was not time for lunch)

lunch, I was busy and ate something I normally do not. Pizza rolls, 6 is the serving size, I had 9. This also means I need to go grocery shopping if I am eating stuff like this!

watermelon

dinner was a salad, baby romaine, orange cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes (both of those from the garden) baby bella mushrooms, grilled green beans & grilled chicken (both of those were leftovers)

pinot noir (at last it is gone, time for a new bottle)

5 kisses spread through out the day

I might (am is more like it) having popcorn later. It is my favorite snack.

kelly

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast - 2 scrambled egg beaters over a salad

Snack - TBS of Smucker's Natural peanut butter

Lunch - Taco salad (chili w/ beans over a salad minus the taco shell)

Snack - Another TBS of Smucker's Natural peanut butter

Dinner - Stuffed cabbage w/ a salad (cabbage cooked with lean, ground turkey meat)

Snack - Two small pieces of Swiss chocolates that my friend brought me back from Switzerland.

I dropped a pound yesterday as it shows on today's weigh in. :D

Sass-

I really admire your self-control. Peanut butter and chocolate are danger foods for me when I'm dieting. I've been known to tell myself I'll have one spoonful of peanut butter, but then I can't stop myself and end up eating 3! Peanut butter and chocolate are foods that I can't seem to just allow myself a little taste of when I'm dieting. One little taste, and I go nuts! So kudos on allowing yourself a reasonable amount and stopping with just a little bit. I have to avoid those foods altogether when I'm dieting!

It is funny how dieting messes with my head. When I'm not dieting and I know I can have more any time I want, I have no problem being satisfied with just a small taste!

Introduced some carbs today and boy did it feel good.

Todays menu is:

12 whole eggs, 4 boiled eggs, 1 head green leaf lettuce, 1/2 green pepper, 1 tomato, 1/2 cup almonds, 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, handfull of blueberries and strawberries.

Just an fyi for anyone wondering..yes i eat a ****-ton of eggs..my total cholesterol normally is under 100. Eggs wont kill you and are full of every amino acid your body needs, plus its the fastest digesting whole food protein on the planet. Yes they are calorie dense thanks to the fat, but I dont worry about calories so much anymore, i use macronutrients to gauge my eating habits.

8 oz oj, 1 egg, 1 slice flax seed bread toasted (smart balance & homemade jam)

3 cups coffee

Out to lunch today at a nice Thai restaurant. I had the sweet & sour chicken with sticky rice. I like this because it has green peppers, tomatoe, carrots, cucumber, pineapple. I usually bring half home but since we were not planning a dinner I ate the whole thing! It was so good!

dinner I had a baby romaine salad with a fresh tomato out of the garden and blueberries with balsamic vinegrette.

a glass of merlot

3 kisses

I am undecided on a snack. If DH wants popcorn I will have that otherwise maybe a fudgsicle.

I need to go grocery shopping, it is getting down to slim pickins.

kelly

Sass-

I really admire your self-control. Peanut butter and chocolate are danger foods for me when I'm dieting. I've been known to tell myself I'll have one spoonful of peanut butter, but then I can't stop myself and end up eating 3! Peanut butter and chocolate are foods that I can't seem to just allow myself a little taste of when I'm dieting. One little taste, and I go nuts! So kudos on allowing yourself a reasonable amount and stopping with just a little bit. I have to avoid those foods altogether when I'm dieting!

It is funny how dieting messes with my head. When I'm not dieting and I know I can have more any time I want, I have no problem being satisfied with just a small taste!

I am a PB addict and I know it. I had to move over from Skippy to Smucker's and it was NOT a good transition in the beginning. I had to get used to it's creaminess and the fact that the oil seperates from the pb so it's kinda gross if you're going in for the first time. You have to stir it everytime you open the jar :o . I have to put it into the refrigerator. It doesn't taste like the PB we all know because it's straight peanuts so it tastes like peanuts :p . I'm used to it now.

Anyway here are Smucker's stats and compared to Skippy and the regular PBs this one is healthier and doesn't pack on lbs. You can have 2 TBS of this at each snack.

Total Fat = 16g

Sat. Fat = 2.5g

Choles. = 0mg

Sodium = 120mg

Total Carbs = 6g

Fiber = 2g

Sugars =1g

Protein = 8g

Sass-

Actually the PB I use now (Reduced Fat Jif) only has 12 g fat (2.5 Sat. Fat.) More carbs though, it has 15g. But the main thing I look at are the calories -- 190 in 2 TBS of Reduced Fat Jif. How many calories are in the kind you use?

210 calories.

Oh I don't calorie count. I just go by servings, sugars, fats and the number of carbs. :o

today I went to a potluck for brunch. I had a small serving of lasagna, 1 chicken enchilada, a blueberry/blackberry fluff desert (cream cheese and who knows what else), zucchini stuffing and through out today I have eaten a bunch of pecan lace cookies. There were other things at the brunch but nothing I wanted to waste calories on.

Dinner was a spicey Italian sausage soup with tortellini, and with that to many saltine crackers with smart balance.

just came in from my nightly glass of wine (merlot.) I am glad eating for today is done! I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

kelly

Today I started off with some Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with a little 1% milk (usually I have it with plain non-fat yogurt but we're out of it :( ). I also had a veggie sausage patty and a little cherry pomegranate juice. Mid-morning I ate a banana. Lunch was really light because I just didn't have time to fix my usual salad. I had a veggie burger and some red grapes. When I got home from work I had a piece of whole wheat toast with a little peanut butter (Smart Balance Omega) on it plus chia seeds. Dinner was a nice salad (romaine, spinach, broccoli slaw) with tomato, black beans, a little chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and a little dressing. I like a lot of stuff in my salads. The biggest portion of the whole thing is the lettuce, the extras add flavor and texture. After I ride my bike, I'll probably have a little fruit. Along with all that I've had about a gallon of water too.

Barbie

Barbie, your day of eating sounds delicious! Except the smart balance peanut butter. I tried it and just could not eat it (I'm a peter pan girl, not the healthiest, I know, maybe someday I'll change that too) Have you tried thier mayo? I haven't yet. I've been waiting for someone else to try it and let me know how it is. I do like the butter substitute. It works pretty good for baking to. I still use real butter on popcorn, somethings it just has to be real!

kelly

had a rough day yesterday and pigged out...bacon cheeseburgers and ice cream and candy and just junk...on top of a dozen eggs and oatmeal and yada yada..not proud but oh well i did double cardio today and eating right again..i dont plan on gaining any weight from yesterday...just have a couple uncomfortable days of water bloat and nasty bathroom trips heh.

I was a BAD girl yesterday. We definitely are due a trip to the grocery store but can't manage one yet... I was fine through breakfast and lunch -- same cereal, salad, and fruit -- but when I got home and I didn't have my usual snack stuff available, I just about dove into my box of cereal and didn't come out until I had emptied the entire thing! :eek: I was just starving when I got home from work! But I considered that dinner as well. Then when my pizza-delivery-driving son came home from work with a pepperoni and sausage pizza I ended up having a slice. MMMmmmmmmmm! At least I had a ton of water yesterday. Didn't someone say something about having a cheat every once in a while was good for your metabolism?? Well, let's hope so!

Barbie

Barbie, your day of eating sounds delicious! Except the smart balance peanut butter. I tried it and just could not eat it (I'm a peter pan girl, not the healthiest, I know, maybe someday I'll change that too) Have you tried thier mayo? I haven't yet. I've been waiting for someone else to try it and let me know how it is. I do like the butter substitute. It works pretty good for baking to. I still use real butter on popcorn, somethings it just has to be real!

kelly

Thanks, Kelly. I love having salads with a lot of stuff in it. Usually I throw grapes and/or blueberries in there too when we have them. I try to get my whole meal out of it. And usually it is satisfying enough that I hardly ever get cravings for junk. Yesterday the pickings were slim when it came to good food, and I caved.

I probably would have had the same reaction to the smart balance pb if I had been eating pb all along. Since I started my new way of eating last fall, I stayed away from it for a long while. My son is the one to make the change (he is the only other person in the house that even eats pb). When I finally decided to have a little, it was like nectar of the gods it was so good. If I had done a side by side comparison with my old favorite, jif, then I may have felt the way you do. Haven't had the mayo though. I've never been much of a mayo fan.

Yesterday was a long day. 2 1/2 hrs to get DD to college to help her unload and get her loft together.... then the drive back. It was hot out but better that than rain for unloading.

breakfast 1egg, 1slice toast (flax & fiber)

lunch a BLT sub from cousins, I ate potatoe chips to and was so tired & sweaty I did not care!

Dinner was a surprise, we stopped to pick up our dog from a friends. They were just finishing and told us to eat. Grilled steak, baby reds, yellow squash, spinach & strawberry salad. It was good, I kept my portions small and if I had not eaten that I propably would have come home and eaten junk.

Now lets see what today brings!

Barbie, I am going to look for chia seeds, they sound like a good addition for salads. I like putting melon in mine, I love that sweet taste with balsamic vinegar.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

kelly

Archived