No cabins for September to Alaska ... why ?

mozart1999

I have 2 weeks trying to book a cruise to Alaska on september, and there is no availability.

How can this be ?

During July, when I look for prices there were a lot of cabins and suddenly in august NONE.

In HAL´s web page it says that I need to call them ..... is this the only way, because I look in all the TA online pages and none is showing availability.

Thank You for any idea about what is happening and what to do.

I have 2 weeks trying to book a cruise to Alaska on september, and there is no availability.

How can this be ?

During July, when I look for prices there were a lot of cabins and suddenly in august NONE.

In HAL´s web page it says that I need to call them ..... is this the only way, because I look in all the TA online pages and none is showing availability.

Thank You for any idea about what is happening and what to do.

Ships do sell out and Sept is the end of the Alaskan season as I am sure you know. You can give HAL a call, but my guess, you will be put on a wait list. Good luck,

Nita

ps just checked my system, it does appear they are sold out for the month. The only other answer could be a sytem glitch, but I checked HAL for other sailings and it seemed to be fine.

We tried to book a cabin for friends last Wednesday on the 20th sailing of the Oosterdam. I call HAL and was told they were sold out. On Saturday we were looking on the website and found there were 17 cabins available. We called our friends but weren't able to get in touch with them until this morning, and once again, the website shows no cabins. My guess is they are working on guarantees/upgrades so I would keep checking. That is what our friends are doing.

I'm on the 9/5 sailing of the Amsterdam and have been keeping a close eye on the ship since May. HAL had two big sales back in June (when we pulled the trigger). Prior to that there was a lot of availability and after the sales, the availability was almost nil. After a few weeks it was sold out.

Archived