Antigua to San Juan, Dec 04 2008

xander

We're now debating what names to put on our SeaDream pyjamas. Keeping up with the latest trends is important so we may well go for

Gus the personal trainer

Ian the buying director

:D

Or possibly, Gus the Bali Bed Tester

And I'll be "Ian the Cosmo tester"

It's gotten very cold here in the UK - we even had snow last week. Cold, damp and miserable. Can't wait for some Caribbean sunshine....and on SeaDream, it comes in a glass:)

So we're in Antigua both pre and post cruise. Any recommendations for lunch on embarkation day? We're staying at the Inn at English harbour. Post cruise we're at the Carlisle Bay, and I doubt we'll leave the hotel....except to head to the airport:)

From the Inn at English Harbor, walk toward the bay, turn left, up on the top floor at the end of the building over the water is a nice restaurant we had a good lunch at. Sorry, the name escapes me at the moment. Also, the view is great. Have a great time.

Jim.

Gus and I went into Southampton yesterday to start our Christmas shopping. We thought we'd get ahead of the crowds. The traffic proved us wrong - but whilst we were headed to West Quay shopping mall, everyone else was headed to see the QE2. She was docked at her home port, and was leaving for her very last voyage to Dubai.

We caught a glimpse of her as we drove home, and the send off was excellent. Fireworks, a fly past, a royal visit. And movingly, poppies were dropped from the flypast, and a harrier jump jet hovered overhead, in tribute to the ship's role in the Falklands war.

3 weeks today, we'll be on the Virgin flight to Antigua. Can't wait

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian And Gus,

Not long to wait now !

Have you got your cabin assigned yet (sorry, should I say stateroom) ? I keep checking, but nothing for us yet.

Our tickets finally arrived yesterday...better late than never, as we leave for Barbados tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to our week on board and to sharing a drink or two with you.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew

No we don't have our stateroom numbers yet , i quess we'll find out as we board. We're going to start packing tomorrow , heading to the airport on tuesday evening.

Have a safe flight and we'll see you onboard , looking forward meeting you both for a few drinks !

HI Ian and Gus...

We are on the SD II on DEC 7 and thanks for your posting on our Board.

We have two fun friends on your DEC 4 sailing who we were on SD with on a transatlantic crossing..

Jane and Michael are also from the UK and are a blast!!. Have fun with them!

aloha,

Bruce and Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well I wrote a review as soon as we got back - but with the chaos of Christmas and then New Year, I forgot to post it. I will put it in a new thread.

Michele - i'll send you a link to our photos.

Archived