Must do in Cozumel??

mickym

DH, myself and eight other memebers of his family will be in Cozumel in Jan. We are doing The Mayan Experience with Native Choice in Costa Maya and cave tubing and zip lining with Major Tom in Belize and are very happy with these but am stumped on our other two ports, Cozumel and Nassau. This will probably be our only trip to Cozumel (to many places to see, to little time and money) so I really want to see what would be considered the high point/must see in Cozumel. What would you who have been here before suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

DH, myself and eight other memebers of his family will be in Cozumel in Jan. We are doing The Mayan Experience with Native Choice in Costa Maya and cave tubing and zip lining with Major Tom in Belize and are very happy with these but am stumped on our other two ports, Cozumel and Nassau. This will probably be our only trip to Cozumel (to many places to see, to little time and money) so I really want to see what would be considered the high point/must see in Cozumel. What would you who have been here before suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

IMO, driving the transverse road, and then heading south (you will do a complete loop of the island), is a must do, if you plan on renting a vehicle. If not, and you feel up for a little walk, take a stroll along the water side of Melgar, and go to the main square, which is about 1/3 mile north of Punta Langosta. There's also a great mini golf course, just to the right of the main square and a couple of avenues up from the water.:p

DH & I always conclude our visits to Cozumel with a couple of hours at Pancho's Backyard, the original restaurant located in the courtyard inside Los Cinco Soles (located at the end of the main shopping street in San Miquel.)

The margaritas are terrific, food is great and there's live marimba music to boot.

Dianne

Archived